DevSecOps Platform EngineerEl Segundo, California Job ID: 2023-8260 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
A 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Engineering & Transformation, Space Systems, Unmanned Systems, Flight Test Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Cybersecurity, and DevOps for advanced defense and intelligence special programs. MTSI delivers first-choice capabilities to solve problems of global importance. We are proud of our proven track record of outstanding service and customer satisfaction.
We work hard to protect our reputation by providing quality technical and programmatic work and employing ethical, honest, and fair business practices. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
- Full Time
- Level: Secret
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
When you join our engineering team, you'll collaborate on some of the most advanced development programs for our Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence customers. Together as a team, you will typically work on-site with our government customers to go above and beyond to deliver effective solutions. Come and join a 100% employee-owned workplace that encourages you to take control of your career success.
- Emotional Intelligence
Since 1993, co-founders have collaborated to put employees first and make our customers successful. When you work at a 100% employee-owned company, you're empowered to think and act like an owner. Whether you're interested in learning new skills or taking your career to the next level, we put our employees first so we can help make your professional goals happen. We believe that by investing in our people, we're investing in our company's future.
- Additional source of substantial retirement
- Employees share in ownership of MTSI without any personal contribution or
- Our ESOP is the best way to ensure we
maintain an enduring company
- Participants receive both allocations of the annual company contributions and growth in account value as the shares of stock may appreciate
I take pride in watching the contribution
that our people have made toward national priorities.
Chairman of the Board
Own your environment
See what it means to lead the nation’s defense and security.
At MTSI, we want our employees to live their best lives – personally and professionally. That’s why we offer employee-driven, industry-leading benefits and compensation, so you can explore and pursue passions. Most full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
20 days of PTO
and 10 Holidays per
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a DevSecOps Platform Engineer to join our team in El Segundo, CA. Note: remote work can be considered if the individual is within a local driving distance of El Segundo, CA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a DevSecOps Platform Engineer to join our team in El Segundo, CA. Note: remote can be considered if the individual is within a local driving distance of El Segundo.
Our customer is standing up a state-of-the-art set of Enterprise level applications using an evolving Platform-as-a-Service technology stack. This approach is a fundamental shift in the way the DoD procures and develops software in that it highly leverages Agile processes used in commercial domains and provides a “startup-like” environment.
The MSEIT effort provides leading edge Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) for the Air Force’s Space and Missiles System Center. We support the Air Force’s acquisition of state-of-the-art Military Satellite Communications systems, providing global secure, survivable, and protected communications for our nation’s warfighters. We seek technical individuals who will thrive in a highly collaborative work environment of small teams, using the most modern tools and methodologies to tackle the challenges of integrating complex space and ground communications systems.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Set up and evolve the customer’s platform services.
- Enable a strategy for creating highly innovative technology solutions for the US Space Force.
- Elicit and capture stakeholder needs in models.
- Ensure managed services rarely need any humans involved to keep them running and maintained.
- Minimum 4+ years of Computer Science experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of DevOps experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with each of the following: Linux, scripting in Python or bash, CI/CD platforms (e.g. GitHub Actions, Gitlab CI, Jenkins), Docker, security scanning tools such as static code analyzers and linters (SonarQube, Veracode), OWASP security scanners, Docker image scanning tools, penetration testing tools (Nessus).
- CI/CD pipeline expertise (pipeline creation and maintenance, including security scanning).
- Docker expertise (Docker image creation and security scanning).
- Scripting language proficiency.
- Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing proficiency.
- Linux administration expertise (architecture, server administration, configuration, maintenance, package management).
- Understands Agile software development, and comfortable working in such an environment.
- Kubernetes expertise (Kubernetes cluster creation, administration, and monitoring).
- Infrastructure-as-code expertise.
- Cloud environment expertise (cloud architecture, creating and monitoring cloud resources).
- Experience with the following: deployment/configuration management tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation), Monitoring/Logging/Performance Analytics (e.g.. Prometheus, Grafana, Logstash/Kibana), SQL and NoSQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Redis, or MongoDB, AWS/Azure/GCP/Oracle Cloud or equivalent cloud computing technologies, message queues and event-driven systems such as Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Working in a distributed management framework where various stakeholders control different aspects of the infrastructure, network, and platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a technical related field.
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required to start.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
The pay range for this position in California is $98,000/year to $130,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on established government contract wages, job- related knowledge, skills, and experience, and other factors. MTSI also offers a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via MTSI's internal or external careers site.
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.
Opportunities at MTSI
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you’ll receive the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.Sign Up For Job Alerts
Join Our Talent Community
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, event announcements and other career-related information.Join our talent community