ISA Cyber Systems Engineer (Journeyman-Mid)Location: El Segundo, California Categories: Cybersecurity Req ID: 2022-7182 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an ISA/Cyber Systems Engineer (Journeyman - Mid) to support the US Space Force (USSF) in delivering next-generation capabilities that are resilient to threats under the MilComm PNT Directorate at the Space Systems Command (SSC) in El Segundo, CA.
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 28 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero-dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information: www.mtsi-va.com
As an ISA/Cybersecurity Systems Engineer, you will support acquisitions for SSC’s portfolio of programs and systems that spans across the Strategic SATCOM, Protected Tactical SATCOM, Wideband SATCOM, Narrowband SATCOM, SATCOM Command and Control, Positioning, Navigation and Timing services, GPS User Equipment Foreign Military Sales, and GPS Command and Control mission areas. Core cryptographic elements of these systems require NSA certification for which we provide system lifecycle support. Thus, we seek technical individuals who will thrive in a highly collaborative work environment of small teams, using the most modern tools and methodologies to tackle the challenges of integrating complex space and ground communications systems.
As an ISA/Cybersecurity Systems Engineer (Journeyman -Mid) with MTSI, your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Perform Systems Engineering activities in the areas of Cybersecurity, Assessment & Authorization (A&A), Cryptographic System Security Engineering (SSE), and Certification & Accreditation (C&A), in accordance with NIST 800-53 RMF and NSA requirements and regulations
- Define security requirements, architecture, and design for embedded and large-scale, distributed DoD space and ground control systems
- Apply risk management concepts to mitigate vulnerabilities in system security architectures
- Assist the SSC customer in conducting enterprise-level cyber test and evaluation planning
- Interface with SSC customer, system stakeholders, and external contractors to coordinate Cybersecurity/Cryptographic requirements and architecture flow down from the system level to individual elements of the system and Accreditation contractor or government-developed models
- BA or BS degree
- 3 – 10 years of relevant DoD or Space programs work experience
- 2+ years of work experience in Information Assurance (IA)/Cyber Security
- NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253 RMF Analysis and Accreditation experience
- Understanding of the discipline and practice of Systems Engineering throughout the system lifecycle phases of concept, development, production, use, support, and retirement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and teambuilding skills
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills; ability to write final-version deliverable technical documents and report
- TS with SCI eligibility
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office
- RMF or DIACAP Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Understanding of the NSA end cryptographic unit certification process
- Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) experience
- TS/SCI highly desirable
- BA/BS Degree
- Security certification (CISSP, SANS, or CEH)
- Active TS clearance, with SCI Eligibility to start
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.