Payload Integration Engineer (Journeyman – Mid)Location: El Segundo, California Categories: Systems Engineering Req ID: 2022-6856 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Journeyman - mid Payload Integration Engineer to provide systems and payload integration engineering for the Space Systems Command (SSC), SN Resilient Missile Warning, Missile Tracking, Missile Defense (MW/MT/MD) Program Office on the Next Generation Geosynchronous (NGG) and Next Generation Polar (NGP) systems. This position will support SSC in El Segundo, CA.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Journeyman - mid Payload Integration Engineer with MTSI you will provide mission payload systems engineering support for the NGG and NGP systems. Its mission to sustain and modernize the SCN and provide highly reliable telemetry, tracking, command, communication and control (TT&C3) for more than 170 Department of Defense (DoD), National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), civil and allied satellites. You will integrate new systems and services into the Battle Management Command, Control & Communications Sustainment (BCS) programs, gain support for new and on-going efforts in all phases of the acquisition life cycle and develop and utilize engineering technical services to obtain systems engineering support and processes within BCS.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Identify, document and report technical discrepancies relating to the hosted payload to host system interface definition, integration, and planning to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Identify, document and report technical discrepancies relating to the integration and test of system payloads and spacecraft for compliance with contract requirements.
- Monitor and analyze Program Contractor and Government test and readiness activities.
- Review Program Contractor and Government T&E planning documentation (e.g., requirements, plans, schedule) and presentations (e.g., test reviews, readiness reviews) to confirm all work required to successfully complete test and evaluation is captured and reported accurately in the requirements, plans, schedule, etc. including the methods of analysis, limitations of scope, adherence to plan, references to other work, and conclusions drawn.
- Monitor, identify, document and report, for compliance with contract requirements, the NG OPIR SBIRS SEPs, technical discrepancies relating to the spacecraft flight software subsystem (FSS), database, and hardware/software integration activities, payload flight software (Flight Software (FSW), Pointing and Control Assembly (PCA) FSW, and Signal Processing Assembly (SPA) FSW), and ground software subsystems, including Tracking, Telemetry & Control (TT&C), Ground Control, Mission Management and Services, database, and Hardware/Software integration activities for obsolescence issues and onboard GEO and Highly Elliptical Orbit (HEO) payload maintenance.
- Monitor, identify, document and report on the Government approved Weather and USAF Space OPIR advanced technology roadmap for sensors, payloads, ground systems, communications security systems, and spacecrafts for the ability to address obsolescence, enhance produce-ability, and improve and evolve capability.
- 5+ years of relevant DoD and/or Space Industry work experience.
- Knowledge of SATCOM payloads, space sensing systems (such as SBIRS), mission payloads and spacecraft integration and test, ground systems, satellite telemetry tracking and control.
- Working knowledge of requirements generation, concept of operations (CONOPS) development, and system payloads and spacecraft requirement verification.
- Experience reviewing test and evaluations (T&E) planning documentation and supporting test readiness activities for payload and spacecraft testing.
- Experience supporting Hardware/Software integration, managing hardware and software components, and parts obsolescence.
- Experience identifying and monitoring technical issues and preparing technical reports for Government customers.
- 7+ years of relevant DoD and/or Space Industry work experience.
- Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) Program work experience.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree.
- Active SECRET clearance to start, with SCI Eligibility.
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance (Desired).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.