Congressional Affairs SpecialistLocation: Fort Belvoir, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-7150 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Congressional Affairs Specialist supporting the Army’s Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
As a recognized "employee comes first" company with over 26 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Supports Congressional Affairs for the Army Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office by assisting in the planning, developing and implementing the organization's Congressional Affairs programs, policies and activities, and interacting with the Army, other Services, industry, and other organizations as appropriate. Fulfills information requests from external and internal stakeholders and coordinates these responses across the Command and the Department of the Army and other Services as appropriate. Supports in the coordination, plans and execution of Congressional engagements, and develops presentations and other materials to prepare senior leaders for strategic engagements. Supports strategic communications in development and execution of proactive Congressional stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of Congressional cycles, processes, and Army engagements with Congress
- Ability to track and provide analysis of key legislation
- Possess strong verbal, communication and written skills; ability to create and edit written correspondence, ensuring proper use of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Possess strong in interpersonal relations; ability to establish and maintain relationships with key individuals/groups outside the immediate work unit.
- Possess skills to be a self-starter and proactive Member of the team
- Ability to adapt quickly to requests and in a high paced environment.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to gather, analyze and present facts.
- Ability to use office automation tools and techniques to support office operations.
- Ability to access or locate information through the use of computer and the internet.
- Ability to identify problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of the organizational and functional responsibilities and operations of the employing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of directly traceable experience. Directly related experience (or certifications) may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.