SME Acquisition AnalystLocation: Fort Belvoir, Virginia Categories: Acquisition Req ID: 2022-6989 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Subject Matter Expert Advanced Acquisition Analystto support MDA in Ft. Belvoir, VA. At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10,000 per year in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Position provides full-time dedicated acquisition subject matter expertise support to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Director for Acquisition (DA) located at Fort Belvoir, VA.
MDA/DA and DA staff develop acquisition policy and processes for Agency procurements; lead acquisition related OSD interactions, develop program direction and program guidance for the Missile Defense System (MDS). DA staff provide direct program and acquisition assistance to MDS component program managers, functional leads, and program office staff to comply with direction/guidance. DA and DA staff assess performance of programs against direction.
This position will be part of a small Acquisition War Room. The War Room is the lead for all acquisition related actions and provides direct support to the MDA Director of Acquisition. The Acquisition War Room develops and maintains acquisition/programmatic information, which coupled with MDS functional and program office information and data, will be used to develop DA-required reports and products. The War Room will develop MDS acquisition information papers, MDS program status reports, MDS Industry-related products, acquisition-related briefings, and support senior MDA leadership engagements with internal and external (e.g., OSD) stakeholders. These products will be high visibility to senior leadership, and many will include quick-turn actions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Position requires acquisition support for several major areas to include:
- Provide acquisition subject-matter expertise and advice in strategic planning, acquisition strategy development, and development of key acquisition documentation to support acquisition strategy approval and execution;
- Develop reports, information papers, decision papers, and briefings for senior MDA and senior external stakeholder leadership based on fused data from multiple sources;
- Staff acquisition documentation through MDA leadership for approval;
- Support executive leadership reviews and provide critical analysis for the Director for Acquisition and other DA staff;
- Interpret MDA acquisition guidance and support acquisition planning and MDS program integration;
- Review and provide analysis on various acquisition documents and products;
- Prepare and staff DA actions for functional and technical review and comment; perform internal and external Agency coordination and reporting;
- Develop and prepare acquisition documentation to support activities to plan, coordinate and execute reviews of acquisition policy and documentation; daily, weekly, and monthly status updates and reports; and activities to develop and manage electronic tools used to create, store, retrieve and manage documents;
- 20+ years of experience in MDA, Department of Defense (DoD), or other similar organizations in Acquisition, Program Integration, Budget, and/or Program Management;
- Expert knowledge of system acquisition concepts, theories, principles, and standards;
- Experience with weapon system acquisition programs, entire acquisition lifecycle process, governing laws, regulations, and precedents;
- Experience and/or background in operational research analysis methodology to include excellent critical thinking skills;
- Expert-level experience analyzing acquisition and program management products such as acquisition strategies and plans, program execution data and contract attributes (e.g., contract type, contract structure, award and incentive fee plans);
- Experience with budget and appropriation processes, President’s Budget Request (PBR), Program Objectives Memorandum (POM), President’s Budget (PB) and 1-N lists;
- Working knowledge of applicable DoD acquisition directives to support the development of MDS acquisition policy, plans, processes, procedures, and guidance for MDS development and fielding;
- Exceptional ability to work and coordinate with local and geographically separated coworkers and superiors;
- Working knowledge of capability-based acquisition and experience with Acquisition Strategy Panels and/or Boards and acquisition baselines are desired;
- Staff action officer experience preferred to understand and anticipate requirements.
- Experience in one or more program offices preferred;
- Superior proficiency in MS Office suite and IT tools;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Bachelors degree required
- Current Secret Security Clearance Required and eligible for TS/SCI.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.