Software EngineerLocation: Fort Belvoir, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2023-7431 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Software Engineer to support the Army’s Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
- Provide subject matter expertise in software engineering to oversee vendor software development for hybrid electric combat and tactical vehicles, unmanned aircraft systems, next generation combat vehicles, and other prototyping projects with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects
- Review vendor software that includes requirements analysis & traceability, software design, testing, independent verification and validation, configuration management, metrics, software assurance, data management and software environments
- Assess vendor’s software development and implementation schedule, to include: code generation, test analysis – tools and data, simulation and emulation software and data sets, sensor/weapon system/communications device software, data acquisition software, analog and digital processing software, and configuration interface software packages
- Support the vendor’s software prototype integration and participate in an IPT, software design reviews and industry engagements
- Oversee a vendor’s software integration process – from plan to design to implementation. This can also include reviewing documentation for the process so that future managers and engineers know how to solve potential issues
- Coordinate project information structure and flow to ensure that two or more programs can communicate effectively without barriers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, Mathematics, or related field
- U.S. citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance
- Ability to work well in an agile and fast paced work environment
- Possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience in the design analysis of software programs so that they integrate with specific systems and offer technical support during software preparation, installation, and system maintenance
- Minimum of 5 years related software experience methodologies and continuous integration methodologies
- 5+ years direct experience supporting DoD or IC Acquisitions
- Experience with Agile development
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GitLab, etc.
- Experience with the Jira tools
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- Experience with architectural design patterns
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience in developing autonomous systems, particularly in the areas of swarm behavior, decentralized algorithms, and edge computing
- Experienced in the design analysis of software programs
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.