Air and Missile Defense Engineer/AnalystLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7218 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking an Air and Missile Engineer/Analystin Huntsville, AL.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The individual will perform the following tasks as part of a contractor team supporting a Government customer at the customer's site:
- Provide technical management and program integration expertise for the successful planning and execution of missile science and technology (S&T) strategies and programs, including development, review, and support of investment strategies and roadmaps, stakeholder coordination, project plans, integrated master schedule, program stage gates, risk registers, program and technical reviews, briefings, and reports.
- Provide expertise in the development and review of transitions from S&T to programs of record (PoRs) and program of record milestone documentation, to include: transition agreements, synchronized technology insertion roadmaps, technology readiness assessments, analysis of alternatives, JCIDS requirements documents, and associated joint PoR/User working group support.
- Assist in oversight of prime contractor and in-house technical activities, including input to statements of work, and management of contract deliverables.
- Travel occasionally, up to 10%.
- Prior military Experience
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Superior communication skills
- History achieving excellent results and producing excellent documents in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, with little guidance
- Initiative to see and meet needs the customer has not articulated
- Experience in Army air defense, especially short range air defense
- Experience in a Program Executive Office (PEO)
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.