Cost AnalystLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-7219 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is looking for a Cost Analyst to sit in Huntsville, AL.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is searching for an experienced Cost Analyst to provide cost-estimating support for the RCCTO Business Management Office. The Cost Analyst is responsible for:
- Develop and review cost analyses in Automated Cost Estimating Integration Tool (ACEIT)
- Preparing estimates for changes in technical and/or funding baselines
- Analyze mission requirements to determine cost parameters, specific cost factors, and relationships to be utilized in constructing cost models
- Provide support for defending cost estimating methodologies
- Develop life cycle cost estimates to determine the total cost of the program
- Support contract cost estimating financial activities and processing reconciliations
- Routinely provide detailed financial reports and documentation
- Provide advice and technical assistance to functional specialists in identifying and evaluating program cost factors and cost impact on program alternatives
- Develop Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE) to support program management needs
- Evaluate impacts on program based on direction and funding adjustments
- Active Secret level security clearance
- Proficient with ACEIT
- Familiarity with Army Acquisition Process
- Knowledge and skill in the application of policies, precedents, methods, and techniques of costing
- Multitasking in a face paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5-10 years of relevant experience providing cost analysis
- Experience with evaluating projects using different methods and options to determine the most cost-effective solution that meets the required specifications
- Experience preparing IGCEs
- Refine and adjust cost models in response to changes in technical specifications, support requirements, design alternatives, engineering, and operational trade-off proposals
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Providing cost analysis and support to defense programs
- Possess excellent data-gathering, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.