Flight Test AnalystLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7089 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Flight Test Analystin Huntsville, AL. At MTSI, our more than 1,300 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The primary function of this position is to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Advanced Capabilities Group with Strategic Test Planning activities for the Multi-Service Advanced Capabilities Test Bed (MACH-TB) program. This includes working with supporting stakeholder organizations MDA, Navy CPS, Army AHPO, AFRL, and other industry and govt agencies as needed to understand stakeholder weapon system program plans and capability development milestones, establish a program roadmap, and develop and maintain an integrated test plan.
Role and Responsibilities*
- Coordinate with stakeholder organizations to understand system capability milestones and develop/maintain a program roadmap that ties stakeholder testing needs to MACH-TB capability and outlines the overall MACH-TB program maturation and key decision points
- Support development of the MACH-TB Test Matrix that outlines required test events and captures test objectives, evaluation criteria, milestones, resources, and planned timeline
- Develop test objective documentation as needed to support the MACH-TB flight test team and the Test Matrix
- Develops a strategic test plan documenting testing through the FYDP
- Develops and evaluates detailed test program objectives and criteria derived from top-level system engineering and mission requirements in the formulation of test designs.
- Makes recommendations for areas where planned testing is inadequate or insufficient.
- Prepares analysis for test designs to fulfill developmental and operational test requirements.
- Ensures seamless information flow between processes including Strategic Plan, Flight Test Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and Target Requirements Development directives.
- Produces flight test designs to ensure feasibility of objectives and safety in execution
- Prepare decision-quality materials such as briefings and supporting documentation (white papers, fact sheets, status reports, progress reports, and information papers) for senior-level reviews and mission milestone decision meetings.
- Support the planning, coordination, scheduling, and execution of Flight/Ground/Cyber test events for existing and emerging capabilities.
- Identify, generate, and manage schedules, requirements, and other documentation in support of Flight/Ground/Cyber test operations.
- Identify and resolve program and stakeholder scheduling issues to meet test execution objectives.
- Coordinate and support briefings, technical interchange meetings, working groups, and scheduling meetings to ensure milestone entrance and exit criteria are met.
BA required; MS preferred
8+ years of experience supporting missile systems and execution activities
Proficient with Windows-based PC software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Secret Clearance required
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.