Launcher Hardware Integration EngineerLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6988 Potential to Telecommute: No
The Army Hypersonic Project Office (AHPO) has been chartered to develop a prototype Hypersonic Weapon system and is looking for a qualified Launcher Hardware Integration Engineer. The successful individual will provide systems integration engineering support and expertise for weapon systems launcher development, integration of hardware, assemblies and subsystems, for prototype development, production, and testing.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
As a recognized "employee comes first" company with over 26 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The qualified candidate will support the following:
- Provide launcher HW and electrical systems engineering and integration support
- Provide support to AHPO and coordinate troubleshooting of fielding and lab assets with prime contractor
- Support development of missile system/launcher strategy and tools
- Develop and present briefings, analysis, and reports to government customer.
- 5-10 years of experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with power applications
- Experience with hydraulics
- Experience with controls
- Able to perform all functional duties independently
- Clearly communicate vertically and laterally in a dynamic and high-paced environment.
- Be proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Familiarity and ability to interpret CAD drawings and solid models and controls schematics
- Active Secret Clearance
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.