Missile Defense Assessment EngineerLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7258 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Missile Defense Assessment Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Missile defense System Assessment (MDA/SEG) performs technical assessments to support Senior Leadership and Warfighter stakeholders in making fielding decisions for the sensors, battle managers, communications, and weapons systems of the Missile Defense System (MDS). Provides direct technical support to the MDA by performing predictive analysis of MDS performance to support the technical rigor of test conditions, analytical support to system assessment leads, and synthesis and visualization of data to communicate key technical aspects of MDS performance. Other responsibilities:
- Develop plans and requirements to support testing and assessments for a missile defense sensor or weapon system as assigned
- Assess technical performance for flight test, ground test, and cyber test analysis
- Provide recommendations on the additions and improvements of the Missile Defense Systems
- Support the Joint Analysis Team (JAT) and serve as system engineering interface to external teams
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM
- 7+ years’ experience in engineering for missile defense or related programs.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Ability to analyze and assess the system’s performance
- Ability to plan and to execute required support, develop clear and concise written products, and present MDS technical matters to MDA senior leaders and MDA warfighter working group meetings in support of MDA/System Assessment
- Applicable knowledge and experience could include: Ballistic Missile Defense, Missile Defense System, Integrated Air and Missile Defense, Ground-based Midcourse Defense, Homeland Defense, THAAD, AEGIS BMD, C2BMC, cyber, Hypersonic Missile Defense, System-level Engineering Analysis, Architecture Assessment, Threat Analysis, or International Engineering
- Experience in requirements development and development of verification objectives is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and produce and present clear, concise presentations and documents
- Ability to create a positive, collaborative working relationship with representatives and stakeholders for external organizations
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.