Modeling and Simulation EngineerLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7319 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Modeling and Simulation Engineerin Huntsville, AL. At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking a mid-level Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer to provide expertise for multi-domain defense simulation development and testing. The person in this position will utilize their M&S experience developing and using system, subsystem, and component models for aerospace applications, executing simulation trades, and performing Monte Carlo analysis.
- 2 to 15 years related experience
- Understanding of aerospace systems and dynamics and how to model them. Examples include detailed sub-system models and flight dynamics.
- Capability to perform analysis measuring key system performance metrics and verifying model behavior utilizing ground and flight test data.
- Ability to create, test, and debug scripts, MATLAB, Python, and C++ programs.
- Prior experience modeling entire systems or individual components, such as sensors, GNC, and propulsion.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to apply engineering rigor to solve engineering/scientific problems.
- Prior experience supporting a major defense acquisition program in a high-visibility environment with mission-critical responsibilities.
- Self-starter who can work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline (i.e., engineering, mathematics, physics).
- Prior experience working with the AFSIM simulation framework is highly desired.
- Experience modeling and analyzing RF and IR-based engagements of aircraft and countermeasures.
- Proven ability to perform hi-fidelity operational system analysis to quantify sensor, weapon system, and kill chain effectiveness and system survivability assessments.
- Experience developing briefings and presenting analysis results to high-level government customers to help them in their decision-making processes.
- Master of Science degree.
Active secret clearance is required.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.