Radar Modeling & Simulation EngineerLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7564 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Radar Modeling & Simulation Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an Engineer with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills capable of interfacing verbally and in writing with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Prime Contractor.
Role and Responsibilities
• Support the Modeling and Simulation system accreditation
• Maintain Modeling and Simulation baseline configuration that aligns with the tactical system configuration build plans and identify Modeling and Simulation capabilities and limitations
• Address technical issues, ensure contractor requirements are met, and resolve engineering issues across multiple projects, programs and MDA directorates
• Analyze complex data, arrive at logical conclusions, and make recommendations
• Develop and review technical memorandums, white papers, and briefings supporting findings and conclusions of analyses
• Coordinate with leadership and the contractor team on Modeling and Simulation data rights issues
• Deliver briefings on product plans and results to the Modeling and Simulation team, Test communities, and Leadership
• Develop and present technical briefings and reports to Senior Leadership
• Effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- 12+ years working on missile defense-related or other complex, large DoD program/project
- MS in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math
- Knowledge and application of phased array radar theory, function, and design
- Secret Clearance or higher required
- Experience with Radar Modeling and Simulation Frameworks
- Works independently, applying engineering rigor to analyze and resolve problems within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with Program Management
- Experience implementing systems engineering "V" processes
- Ability to self-manage and initiate within team structure
- Ability to decompose complex problems to actionable elements
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Ability presenting complex information and concepts to Leaders at various levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office® applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of MDA Change Management Process
- Working knowledge of MDA Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of MDA organizational structure
- Working knowledge of Missile Defense System (MDS) architecture and concepts
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.