Senior Logistician -ProvisioningLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Acquisition Req ID: 2022-7127 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Senior Logistician - Provisioningin Huntsville. At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Serves as the senior provisioner in a Project Management Office for a complex aviation weapon/mission systems with functional responsibility for provisioning functions as they relate to Integrated Logistics Support (ILS); to include logistic support analysis functions, LSARs (logistic supply analysis records) reviews, LSA-036 review, validation and verification events, NSN requests and cataloging.
Receives broad policy guidance and program objectives/requirements from a Government lead, then consults/collaborates on matters of policy and/or proposed approaches to controversial or especially difficult issues having major consequences to PMO programs. As a provisioning technical expert, uses independent judgment to plan, coordinate and accomplish work with input and support from a Government representative.
- Responsible for reviewing, editing and maintenance of provisioning files in support of Project Management Office requirements, in addition to attending provisioning conferences, validations and verifications intended to identify errors and adequacy of technical data for National Stock Number assignment prior to upload.
- Represent PM at these reviews to assure the equipment being introduced into the Army inventory can be supported.
- Maintains contact, through personal visits, telephone and correspondence, with other commands, private industry, other Federal Agencies, other peripheral functional areas, and using units to establish, clarify and disseminate information relative to provisioning of assigned weapon system. Provisioner will code data in accordance with Army Two-Level Maintenance, LMP Requirements and applicable standards and regulations.
- Responsible for front edits in PowerLOG-J and perform line by line reviews of provisioning deliveries in accordance with appropriate business rules, standards and regulations.
- As the PMO’s provisioning representative, requires extensive knowledge of standards and regulations governing the provisioning process. Requires a comprehensive knowledge of aviation aircraft systems, subsystems and groups of commodity classes; maintenance procedures; and technical data requirements related to provisioning and logistical support.
- Provides recommendations concerning maintenance policy and procedures as it relates to provisioning, which affect materiel readiness of the total system.
- Responsible for provisioning technical guidance to customer in support of PMO requirements to include; provisioning input into the development of SOW (Statements of Work)/PWS (Performance Work Statements) and CDRLs (Contract Data Requirements Lists).
- Responsible for Federal Supply Classification determinants, descriptive item identification, requests for updates to cataloging data within LMP (Logistics Modernization Program), 339s, and National Stock Number assignment.
- Responsible for identifying existing items within the supply system, interchangeable and suitable substitute items and researching sole source or hard to procure items to avoid diminishing manufacturing sources and material shortages.
- Master's (MS) degree in related discipline with more than 10 years direct experience.
- Substitutions: In lieu of MS degree: May substitute an additional 12 years of work experience OR a Bachelor's Degree AND additional 8 years of work experience
May require the ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Current Secret Security Clearance Required.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.