Senior Systems AnalystLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7525 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst - MDA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
MTSI is looking for a Senior Systems Analyst with 12+ years’ career experience to provide direct technical support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Innovation, Science & technology, Analysis and Assessments office (MDA/DVS) to wargame missile defense system (MDS) technology concepts and provide post-game analysis and reporting. This candidate must be able formulate and propose wargame research questions, objectives, and lead the integration of the technology concept(s) into MDA, Service Title X, and/or Joint Staff operational-level wargames in collaboration and coordination with MDA’s Chief Architect’s Warfighter/International Integration office (MDA/CAI) and MDA’s Wargames & Exercise Office (MDA/DTW). The candidate will provide MDS technology concept expertise during all phases of the wargame planning and execution cycle and deliver post-wargame analysis and reports. The candidate must be capable of assessing missile defense system threats, link research questions and objectives to MDS capability gaps, work closely with warfighters to incorporate the technology concept into future warfighting models, recognize opportunities, and develop potential system mitigations and capability evolutions at the architecture level.
Your essential job functions will include, but not limited to:
- Provide wargame practitioner and missile defense expertise to MDA/DV in their role to use wargames as another tool to investigate, research, or analyze technologies that show potential to fill missile defense system capability gaps.
- Identify and lead the integration of technology concepts into external wargames sponsored by the Services, Joint Staff, Defense Agencies, and/or Combatant Commands to obtain warfighter and development community feedback on DV concepts.
- Effectively use MDA modeling and simulation tools to facilitate MDA/DTW modeling of technology concepts for use during the wargame campaign cycle.
- Engage directed energy modeling and simulation working group with Air Force Research Lab (AFRL)for the continued development, integration, and improvement of directed energy models used for wargaming purposes.
- Assist MDA/DV by providing practical wargame experience to shape the content of MDA's missile defeat wargame campaign events, workshops, and capstone.
- Support DV in conducting missile defense system architectural analyses with international partners and warfighting CCMDs.
- Facilitate missile defense collaborative planning, analyses, and systems engineering for designated international acquisition and international cooperative programs.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and an ability to function in a team environment.
- Self-starter who can work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Travel, to include international locations, may be required.
- Bachelor of Science (STEM) with 12+ years' of experience (Master’s degree preferred)
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Deep understanding of the current MDS architecture
- Exercise and Wargame experience
- Warfighter experience
- 10+ years of relevant DoD work experience with no less than 5 years of
- 5+ years of leadership experience as program manager, operational commander or director, or business executive
- Active Top Secret within last 7 years.
Modeling and Simulation
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.