Senior Test EngineerLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6985 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a SeniorTest Engineerin Huntsville, AL. At MTSI, our more than 1,300 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Provide flight test engineering expertise to advanced hypersonic weapon system development
* Develop and maintain Integrated Master Schedule
* Act as Test Director for instrumentation and data collection assets
* Lead and participate in flight test event planning, test execution, data management, data collection and data distribution
* Develop and review test objectives, plans and other required documentation
* Coordinate and provide requirements for test venues, test assets and participants across the DOD community
* Prepare countdown checklists, supporting test planning products and coordinate analysis activities.
* Apply technical expertise to assess test range, weapon system or technology project readiness for testing and advise senior government personnel on test readiness
* Prepare mission execution schedules, logistics coordination and track status and risk
* Interface with other government and range organizations and development contractors
* Bachelors of Science degree in engineering
* 10+ years of related experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products with emphasis on MS Project and/or any other scheduling programs
* Experience serving as a Test Director and performing on-console operations
* Active Secret Clearance
* Experience developing and maintaining a complex Integrated Master Schedule
* Experience preparing briefings and documentation
* Experience preparing flight test documents; Universal Documentation System (UDS) including Program Requirements Document (PRD) and Operation Requirements (OR)
* Experience preparing mission execution checklists and countdown documents
* Experience testing at various test ranges to include Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF), Cape Canaveral Space Force Station (CCSFS), Reagan Test Site (RTS) and/or Wallops Flight Facility (WFF)
* Experience preparing mission/test/flight readiness reviews and briefing material for senior leadership decision
* Active Top Secret clearance
* Masters of Science degree in engineering
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.