Software DeveloperLocation: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7491 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Software Developer in Huntsville, AL.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
As an SW Developer with MTSI you will focus on the Front-end Web Development emphasizing cloud-hosted solutions and services, data science and Data ingestion technologies, and modern web frameworks all within an agile development model. This position is in Huntsville, AL
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Maintain, enhance, and develop new web applications in a variety of languages and frameworks/libraries (MS Azure, React NEXTJS, Django ORM etc.).
- Develop UI/UX designs including wireflows and mockups
- Collaborate on peer reviews with other developers to ensure functionality and good coding practices before release.
- Participate in ongoing discussions around new technologies and front-end architecture, recommending system changes and enhancements as appropriate.
- Learn new and emerging technologies while expressing a growth mindset and participating in professional development.
- Work Experience: 2 – 10 years experience in web application development
- Active Secret Clearance
- B.S. in an Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Strong understanding of modern web development architectures and Front-end web development
- IATT Level II Certification
- Experience with React NEXTJS, MS Azure, and Python
- An interest and some knowledge of modern Big Data technology.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively within project teams
- Able to work well individually and in dynamic team environment
- You must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require his/her participation at a given time (typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects)
- Experience with Django ORM
- Experience with data visualization techniques and libraries
- Familiarity with automated front end testing frameworks
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.