Systems Engineer (DoG)Location: Huntsville, Alabama Categories: Systems Engineering Req ID: 2023-7286 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
- Provide analysis of the integrated Defense of Guam System and evaluation of various test events flight and ground tests, system integration and check out (SICO) tests, and Element unique tests.
- Support test readiness reviews, technical interchange meetings, technology readiness assessments and levels, design reviews (PDR, CDR, FDR), production readiness assessments, manufacturing readiness assessments and levels, and agile design processes.
- Assist in the development of Executive level briefings, papers, and other correspondence, support scheduled and impromptu status and communication briefs with various levels of senior MDA leadership.
- Support the government integrated product team by representing the interests of the customer in working group forums, technical interchange meetings, and any other forums required by the customer.
- Master’s degree in a STEM field
- 12+ years of related engineering/system engineering experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Ability and willingness to travel, when required, to support oversight, meetings, reviews, etc
- Familiarity and experience with missile defense component development, test, production, and integration preferably with MDA engineering programs.
- Experience with digital engineering tools (i.e. Doors, Windchill, Qlik) to communicate technical information.
- Proficiency in written and verbal skills as well as MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver products on schedule.
- Capability to develop and present program briefings to senior management-level personnel.
- Top Secret clearance
- Capable of performing as a member of a team and assisting with solving complex problems.
- Self-starter with enthusiasm and capacity to learn in a fast-paced environment..
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.