Aero Flight Test Engineer/AnalystLocation: Las Vegas, Nevada Categories: Test Engineering Req ID: 2022-7079 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an Aero Flight Test Engineer / Analyst to join our growing team in Las Vegas, Nevada. Duty location is Las Vegas but travel to other work locations will be required.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
MTSI is seeking candidates for an Aero Analyst / Test Engineer to support flight testing and data analysis on a variety of aircraft. Duty location is Las Vegas but travel to other work locations will be required. Depending on the skills of the applicant, this position can be a mid, or senior level Analyst/Engineer.
• Design specialized flight test profiles satisfying all requirements and constraints to collect data of sufficient quality and quantity to meet objectives by taking into consideration:
o Type of aircraft and aerodynamic performance characteristics
o Operational constraints
o Safety constraints (dive recovery time safety margins)
o External System limitations on data collection capabilities
o Effective and efficient mission flow
o Customer requirements
• Build graphical user interface files and flight cards containing flight test profile instructions and safety constraints necessary for pilots and control room personnel to execute the mission safely and efficiently.
• Review, brief, and rehearse flight profiles with pilots and other test team members to validate flight profile predictions and to ensure smooth mission conduct on the first mission.
• Serve as test conductor exercising close control of aircraft flying dynamic profiles sometimes rapidly approaching altitude and airspeed safety limits.
• Primary duties are in a ground-based control room but may occasionally include flying as aircrew (airborne test conductor).
• Make quick decisions during test missions, direct real-time aircraft corrections, and coordinate rapidly with test team members to adjust the mission flow as necessary to meet mission data collection goals
• Conduct thorough mission debriefs to ensure all relevant mission events are understood and to identify lessons learned to be applied to future missions
• Assist in data analysis and review as required to facilitate correct interpretation of the mission data.
• Support the creation of test engineering documentation: Test plans, Safety Packages, Data Analysis Management Plans, Technical Review Board Briefs, Safety Review Board Briefs, Test Readiness Briefs, Test Cards, and Test Reports
• Capable and willing to work in a remote environment with a highly motivated team.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Aero/Mechanical preferred) or any Engineering degree with relevant aero related flight test experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of test / flight test experience
• Experience in flight and ground testing fixed wing / rotary wing / and or UAS/RPA aircraft.
• Experience in Aero Performance/Flight Envelope Expansion
• Mission Control Room experience – Direct ground / flight tests and monitor performance parameters.
• Ability to apply a broad array of engineering disciplines and have a working knowledge of computer-based engineering tools.
• Versed in Microsoft Office Products, MATLAB, and ability to learn new data analysis tools to support test programs
• Private Pilot license
• Previous experience as aircrew member (Pilot, NAV, FTE, … etc.)
• Experience in Applied Mathematics
• USAF / Navy Test Pilot School Graduate (Pilot, NAV, or Engineer)
• Excellent communication, organization, analytical, and leadership skills, attention to detail
• Position requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and needs.
• Positive attitude, self-starter and an ability to work with little supervision
Current Active Top Secret Security Clearance required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.