Aero Flight Test Engineer/AnalystLocation: Las Vegas, Nevada Categories: Test Engineering Req ID: 2022-7079 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an Aero Flight Test Engineer / Analyst to join our growing team in Las Vegas, Nevada. Duty location is Las Vegas but travel to other work locations will be required.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking candidates for an Aero Analyst / Test Engineer to support flight testing and data analysis on a variety of aircraft. Duty location is Las Vegas but travel to other work locations will be required. Depending on the skills of the applicant, this position can be a mid, or senior level Analyst/Engineer.
• Design specialized flight test profiles satisfying all requirements and constraints to collect data of sufficient quality and quantity to meet objectives by taking into consideration:
o Type of aircraft and aerodynamic performance characteristics
o Operational constraints
o Safety constraints (dive recovery time safety margins)
o External System limitations on data collection capabilities
o Effective and efficient mission flow
o Customer requirements
• Build graphical user interface files and flight cards containing flight test profile instructions and safety constraints necessary for pilots and control room personnel to execute the mission safely and efficiently.
• Review, brief, and rehearse flight profiles with pilots and other test team members to validate flight profile predictions and to ensure smooth mission conduct on the first mission.
• Serve as test conductor exercising close control of aircraft flying dynamic profiles sometimes rapidly approaching altitude and airspeed safety limits.
• Primary duties are in a ground-based control room but may occasionally include flying as aircrew (airborne test conductor).
• Make quick decisions during test missions, direct real-time aircraft corrections, and coordinate rapidly with test team members to adjust the mission flow as necessary to meet mission data collection goals
• Conduct thorough mission debriefs to ensure all relevant mission events are understood and to identify lessons learned to be applied to future missions
• Assist in data analysis and review as required to facilitate correct interpretation of the mission data.
• Support the creation of test engineering documentation: Test plans, Safety Packages, Data Analysis Management Plans, Technical Review Board Briefs, Safety Review Board Briefs, Test Readiness Briefs, Test Cards, and Test Reports
• Capable and willing to work in a remote environment with a highly motivated team.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Aero/Mechanical preferred) or any Engineering degree with relevant aero related flight test experience.
• 8 – 12+ years of test / flight test experience
• Experience in flight and ground testing fixed wing / rotary wing / and or UAS/RPA aircraft.
• Experience in Aero Performance/Flight Envelope Expansion
• Mission Control Room experience – Direct ground / flight tests and monitor performance parameters.
• Ability to apply a broad array of engineering disciplines and have a working knowledge of computer-based engineering tools.
• Versed in Microsoft Office Products, MATLAB, and ability to learn new data analysis tools to support test programs
• Private Pilot license
• Previous experience as aircrew member (Pilot, NAV, FTE, … etc.)
• Experience in Applied Mathematics
• USAF / Navy Test Pilot School Graduate (Pilot, NAV, or Engineer)
• Excellent communication, organization, analytical, and leadership skills, attention to detail
• Position requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and needs.
• Positive attitude, self-starter and an ability to work with little supervision
Current Active Top Secret Security Clearance required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.