Classified System AdministratorLocation: Las Vegas, Nevada Categories: Systems Engineering Req ID: 2022-6894 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is seeking a Classified System Administrator to join our growing team to support the USAF Warfare Center at Nellis AFB, in Las Vegas, NV.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
• Responsible for Special Access Programs (SAP) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) systems in support of the coordination, execution, management for national level exercises / demonstrations / experiments on behalf of the USAFWC, HAF, and CCMD staff
• Facilitate coordination and exercise planning and control with appropriate USAFWC and external and partner agencies
• Perform IT processes and support requirements for assigned exercises, and will operate in multidisciplinary teams of industry, government and military personnel consisting of engineers, analysts, scientists, and aircrew
• Coordinate infrastructure requirements (logical addressing/routing/firewall modifications) for secure communications and coordinate a variety of virtual teleconference capabilities for the team
• Assists the local government security professional and the Program Manager in all duties as outlined above.
• Minimum of 3-8 years of experience in systems administration with 2 years of experience providing IT support for SAP and/or SCI information systems
• Security+ w/Continuing Education certificate required.
• Demonstrated support capabilities; installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and providing maintenance and training in response to customer requirements or inquiries (e.g., tiered-level customer support), including patch management, access control, password management, account creation and administration.
• Strong ability to work in a team environment with demonstrated leadership and customer interface skills.
• Experience with Cyber Systems development, sustainment, and baseline planning
• Must maintain compliance with Department of Defense Directive 8570 (DoDD 8570) Certification– IAT Level II.
• Good analytic skills, capable of network and system troubleshooting, assessment, and resolution
• Capable of operating in a demanding environment while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Candidate must be comfortable with occasional shift work
• 3+ years of experience with IT security policies, practices, and procedures
• Network+ and Microsoft Certified professional (MCP) certifications desired
• 2 years of recent experience (within the last five years) providing support for exercises on the NTTR and/or UTTR.
• Experience working in an Integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (IJSTO) security environment is desired.
• Strong work ethic
• Knowledge of military platforms, systems, and operations.
• Knowledge of the USAF Warfare Center’s mission, directives, and policies.
• Experience working on-site in a government client environment
Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree is desired.
Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Security+ w/Continuing Education certificate required
Routine travel is expected. Candidates should anticipate one week per month. Non-traditional work hours may be required. Expectation is that work will be performed onsite. Occasional telework options may be available with approval from mission partner.
TS with in-scope SSBI required. Ability to obtain eligibility and maintain for SCI/SAP/STO required. Current SCI desired. All hires will be contingent on candidate meeting requirements for and gaining required security clearances.
Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.