Electronic Warfare Subject Matter ExpertLocation: Las Vegas, Nevada Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7109 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an Electronic Warfare Subject Matter Expert to join our growing team at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, NV.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
This individual will serve as SME for EW incorporation into assigned USAFWC exercises and provide oversight and direction during execution phase of exercises. The EW SME will development exercise tasks to include: concept development, scenario development, main exercise objectives, joint exercise control group operations, overall execution management, and after-action review. Additionally, the EW SME will advise and assist operational and strategic planners in the development of current and future contingency plans and assist in the development of contingency requirements based on current operations. The EW SME is expected to provide advice, recommendations, and briefings to staff principals, agency chiefs, and external organizations on OPLAN or exercise design activities. Further, the EW SME will participate in range infrastructure working groups, design reviews, and technical interchange meetings, resulting in the definition of exercise requirements and CONOPS. Moreover, the EW SME will also participate in surveys/visits with exercise participants and infrastructure owners to identify infrastructure shortfalls and required workarounds. The EW SME will provide results and lessons-learned briefings to exercise participants at an instructional level. Next, the EW SME will assist in developing and publishing formal exercise after-action reports in coordination with the supported mission partner. The EW SME will serve as SME for the respective exercises with military service component, joint partners, and select Coalition partners. Last, the EW SME will remain abreast of the latest in joint tactics, techniques, procedures (TTPs), and emerging technology, to include US strategies and tactics to address the current and future threat.
Primary duties are inclusive of:
• Planning, coordination, execution, and management of EW integration into national level exercises / demonstrations / experiments on behalf of the Headquarters Air Force (HAF) and CCMD staffs
• Assisting in the development of exercise constructs to include live fly and synthetic environments, scenario threads, white and red scripts, and adversary courses of action (COAs)
• Supporting the customer organization in meeting administrative requirements, and provide planning and advisory assistance to facilitate exercise learning objectives
Candidate tasks may include:
• Provide updates and recommendations based on development of US EW organizational structures, processes, requirements, mission sets, and capabilities
• Advise on accurate and realistic presentation of EW capabilities and threats in live and synthetic training and test environments
• Capture requirements, processes, and timelines for planning and requesting EW support
• Participate in relevant weapons and tactics events to facilitate integration of current and emerging EW capabilities; tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs); and adversary threats
• Operate in multidisciplinary teams of industry, government, and military personnel consisting of engineers, analysts, scientists, and aircrew
• Develop and present exercise-related briefings to command leadership
• Facilitate coordination and exercise planning and control with appropriate USAFWC and external and partner agencies, to include Department of Energy (DoE), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR), and local land owners
• Provide advice, recommendations, and briefings to staff principals, agency chiefs, and external organizations on exercise design
• Advise on integration of Coalition EW capabilities, to include assessment of technical specifications, interpretation of classification guidance, and development and coordination of C2 and data sharing architectures
• Provide results and lessons-learned to exercise participants at a senior instructor level
• Assist in the development and publishing of formal exercise after-action reports in coordination with the MAJCOM Staff
• Plan/coordinate datalink and communications capabilities, including processing Tactical Frequency Allocation (TFA) requests, CommCard coordination, etc.
• At least 10 years of operational USAF/USN EW operations experience with theater deployment highly desired
• Familiar with USAF, NTTR, and national EW/ISR capabilities and threats that might affect friendly EW/ISR capabilities
• Strong ability to work in a team environment with demonstrated leadership and customer interface skills
• Expertise to conduct effective liaison with national-level agencies, DoD, Services, CCMDs, Coalition partners, and intelligence agencies
• Possess robust analytic skills and be capable of operating in a demanding environment while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to provide briefings to Combat Air Forces (CAF) warfighters and staff officers at a senior instructor level
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
• Candidate must have a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record
• USAF WIC graduate and/or operational test experience highly desired
• USAF Aggressor qualification is desired
• Experience in Wing-level C2 structures, standardization, and training programs in complex environments; instructor/evaluator in EW operations highly desired
• Familiar with SATCOM and datalink requirements, processes, and scheduling associated with USAF and national ISR capabilities
• Familiar with US and Joint datalink capabilities and requirements, and how to access and process through the hierarchies
• Familiarity with Operational USAF/USN Datalinks and administrative handling of exercise planning for datalink network operation.
• Bachelor of Science required. Master’s degree desired.
• Graduate of formal USAF/USN platform instructor course desired.
Routine travel is expected. Candidates should anticipate one week per month. Non-traditional work hours may be required. Expectation is that work will be performed onsite. Occasional telework options may be available with approval from mission partner.
Current Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain access to Special Access Required (SAR) Programs and Special Technical Operations (STO) required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
#EWO, #EW, #EA, #planner, #LFE, #electronicwarfare, #electronicattack, #missionplanner, #exerciseplanner, #MTSIjobs
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.