Flight Test Engineer / AnalystLocation: Las Vegas, Nevada Categories: Test Engineering Req ID: 2022-6612 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Flight Test Engineer to join our growing team in Las Vegas, NV.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking candidates for for a Flight Test Engineer / Data Analyst to support aircraft systems/sub-systems testing and data analysis. Duty location is Las Vegas but travel to other work locations will be required. This position may be filled at either a junior or senior level.
• Perform analysis on pre-test predications to design test events and profiles, define data collection requirements and go/no-go criteria to meet test objectives.
• Performing reviews of aircraft specification requirements to ensure the data management and analysis plan (DMAP) provides proper data collection for real-time and post-mission data processing, evaluation, and analysis to meet test plan objectives.
• Proficient at setting up data analysis requests, ordering and processing data, quality control review and anomaly resolution of data, and analyzing the data as per the data analysis plan.
• Participate in development of the overall plans such as the DMAP, Test Plans, Test Matrices, test cards, etc.
• Provide integrated engineering/analysis support for design reviews, test planning working groups, test card prep, execution, and post flight reports.
• Ability and willingness to work in a remote environment with a highly motivated team
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with testing of avionics systems (Radar/IR/EA/ESM), weapons, external stores, and or sensor testing
• Experience with Electronic Warfare testing
• Mission Control Room experience – Direct ground / flight tests and monitor performance parameters
• Possess a “Team” mentality towards providing integrated engineering support for design reviews, test planning working groups, test card prep, disciplined test execution, and collaborate / author on post flight reports
• Experience in coordinating and executing tests on various government open air test ranges
• Work well in a team environment as well as independently
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products to support test programs
• Aptitude and patience to process and analyze complex system test data
• Aptitude to learn new software tools
• Requres the ability to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and needs
• Possess a positive attitude, be a self-starter, and have the ability to work with little supervision
Bachelor of Science (Engineering, Math, Computer Science or Physics)
Current Secret or Top Secret security clearance (desired)
Travel is required for this position.
U.S. Citizenship required
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.