Junior Electronic Warfare (EW) EngineerLocation: Las Vegas, Nevada Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6801 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Junior Electronic Warfare (EW) Engineer for the USAF Warfare Center at Nellis AFB, in Las Vegas, NV.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
This role will support the USAF Warfare Center Angry Kitten program, but work may include support to additional USAF Warfare Center high priority projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supply engineering expertise in airborne and ground-based Electronic Attack (EA) systems, Mission Data (MD) development, and radar Electronic Protection (EP) analysis to the USAFWC and Air Combat Command (ACC).
• Provide support to USAFWC Electronic Warfare projects and operate in multidisciplinary teams of industry, government and military personnel consisting of engineers, analysts, scientists, and aircrew.
• Contribute to the development of Electronic Attack (EA) Mission Data (MD) for high priority test/training events for the USAFWC and ACC.
• Minimum of 2 years engineering experience
• Proficient in developing analytical tools and applications
• Familiarity with RF systems, to include signal processing subsystems
• The ability to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges often involving multiple subsystem interactions as both an individual contributor and a technical lead
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide briefings to Combat Air Force (CAF) warfighters and staff officers about ongoing project efforts
• Ability to successfully thrive in fast-paced programs with aggressive delivery schedules and while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience programming with MATLAB/Simulink, Python, VBA, and/or C++
• Familiarity with combat test and training environments
• Familiarity with Air Combat Command (ACC) and Nellis AFB operations, to include USAFWC organizations
• Expertise to coordinate with national-level agencies, DoD Services, Combatant Commands, and intelligence agencies
• Technical breadth and operational knowledge of military air operations and combat systems
• Knowledge of airborne and ground-based surveillance and target tracking radar systems, air-to-air and surface-to-air missiles, integrated air defense systems, and advanced weapon system concepts, performance, and employment
• Experience defining, verifying, and validating stakeholder requirements based on warfighting needs
• Experience working with subsystem design tradespace to accommodate overall system performance requirements and specifications
• Familiarity with examining the interaction between Machine Learning (ML) and RF systems, including but not limited to reinforcement learning based signal detection, hybrid learning/signal processing approaches, and novel EW architectures leveraging ML
• Special Access Programs (SAP) experience is highly desired
Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university. Master’s Degree desired.
Routine travel is expected. Candidates should anticipate one week per month but additional travel may be required based on mission requirements. Non-traditional work hours may be required. Expectation is that work will be performed onsite. Occasional telework options may be available with approval from mission partner.
TS with in-scope SSBI and SCI/SAP/STO eligibility required. Strong candidates without a security clearance or possessing only SECRET clearance may be considered. All hires are contingent on candidate meeting requirements for and gaining a security clearance. Current TS/SCI highly desired.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.