Mid - Sr. Electro Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Test Engineer SMELocation: Las Vegas, Nevada Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6816 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Mid to Sr. Level Electro Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Test Engineer SME to provide technical guidance and training support for customer EO/IR programs. Duty location is Las Vegas but travel to other work locations will be required.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
• Provide technical guidance and training support a variety of customer EO/IR programs
• Create/review test engineering documentation associated with EO/IR systems
• Perform mechanical/electrical reviews of EO/IR systems, sub-systems, and components to ensure comprehensive test documentation is created and proper data collection is addressed to appropriately measure and report on the stated test objectives
• Minimum of 10+ years experience in a variety of EO/IR systems.
• Experience in electronic design, integration, and test work in support EO/IR systems
• Integrated engineering support for design reviews, test planning working groups, test card prep, execution, and post-test reports
• Experience in coordinating and executing tests on various government open air test ranges
• Work well in a team environment as well as independently and have above average communication and writing skills
• Position requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customer requirements and needs
• Versed in Microsoft Office Products to support test and training programs
• Excellent communications and training skills
• Position requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and needs.
• Positive attitude, self-starter and an ability to work with little supervision
• Experience with EO/IR missile seeker technology
• Experience with MATLAB and data analysis tools
BS (Technical Degree) with 10+ Years of Relevant Experience
Current Active Top Secret Security Clearance required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.