Range Integration SMELocation: Las Vegas, Nevada Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6892 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is seeking a Range Integration SME to join our growing team to support the USAF Warfare Center at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, NV.
At MTSI, our more than 1,200 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The Range Integration SME will directly support the USAF Warfare Center Large Force Exercises, and Operational Test and Tactics Development. This individual will support planning and execution of Chairman, Joint Chief of Staff (CJCS), Combatant Command (COCOM), and Major Command (MAJCOM)-level exercises and events.
The successful candidate will:
• Serve as a Range Integration SME coordinating dynamic and realistic operations for USAF Warfare Center exercises
• Work directly with both local and partner range support agencies, and possess familiarity of the Nellis Test and Training Range (NTTR) range boundaries and geographical references
• Possess a basic working knowledge of Air Force Tactics Techniques Procedures (AFTTP) 3-1 Volume II, threat systems and Integrated Air Defense Systems command and control systems
• Develop a thorough understanding of local Letters of Agreement, Memorandums of Understanding, and Flight Information Publications
• Coordinate and integrate with NTTR staff, operations, and schedulers to support USAFWC events, operational test, advanced training, Combatant Commander (CCDR) exercise support, and tactics development
• Coordinate with Federal and local law enforcement, Interagency and Intelligence Community, National Labs, Industry, and DoD to synchronize range operations with Opposing Forces (OPFOR), Special Operations Forces (SOF), and Personnel Recovery (PR) units
• Provide specialized professional services including tactical communications, advanced aggressor support, Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP’s), systems integration, and advanced technology assessments
• Possess the unique experience to thoroughly understand range operations in order to comprehensively facilitate the execution of exercise operations, coordinate ground operations with NTTR, work cohesively with exercise and training managers, request forces, and integrate with current support elements established on Nellis AFB. Due to the dynamic and wide-ranging workload, this individual will primarily work on Nellis AFB with duties to be performed at TDY locations and on the NTTR during exercise execution
• Manage and perform safety observer duties for simulated survivors in field conditions during operations at home station, TDY locations, and on the NTTR.
• Perform basic self-aid and buddy care and be physically able to hike 1,000 meters over undulating terrain and carry 30+ pounds of equipment, basic survival gear, and water
• Possess a minimum of 4+ years of combined recent experience with local range operations, exercise planning, scenario development operation, and a strong knowledge of OPFOR in order to challenge DoD PR and SOF units
• Must have experience working with local range agencies, inclusive of Air Combat Command (ACC) Large Force Exercise (LFE) support, USAF Weapons School, and CCDR planning at Nellis AFB
• Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with other team members and those contacted while performing required duties
• Must be able to provide solutions/options for problems in a timely manner. Ability to travel as required by the Company
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Earth Pro, Center Scheduling Enterprise (CSE), UHF/VHF devices, Guardian Portal, Combat Survivor Evader Locator (CSEL) system, and mIRC applications
• Must have strong analytical, speaking, and writing skills.
• Possess the ability to work in a multitasking, quick-paced, dynamic environment
• 10+ years of combined recent experience with local range operations, exercise planning, scenario development operation, and a strong knowledge of OPFOR in order to challenge DoD PR and SOF units.
Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree desired.
Experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement for highly experienced candidates.
Routine travel is expected. Candidates should anticipate one week per quarter but additional travel may be required based on mission requirements. Non-traditional work hours will be required. Expectation is that work will be performed onsite, with frequent local travel to range site(s). Occasional telework options may be available with approval from mission partner.
Current Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance with SCI eligibility, and the ability to obtain access to Special Access Required (SAR) Programs, SCI, and Special Technical Operations (STO) required. Candidates without a TS clearance will be considered, but candidate must have a current SSBI for Secret Clearance to be considered.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.