Senior Electronic Warfare (EW) EngineerLas Vegas, Nevada Job ID: 2022-6464 Potential to Telecommute: No
A 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Engineering & Transformation, Space Systems, Unmanned Systems, Flight Test Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Cybersecurity, and DevOps for advanced defense and intelligence special programs. MTSI delivers first-choice capabilities to solve problems of global importance. We are proud of our proven track record of outstanding service and customer satisfaction.
We work hard to protect our reputation by providing quality technical and programmatic work and employing ethical, honest, and fair business practices. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
- Full Time
- Level: TS/SCI
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
When you join our engineering team, you'll collaborate on some of the most advanced development programs for our Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence customers. Together as a team, you will typically work on-site with our government customers to go above and beyond to deliver effective solutions. Come and join a 100% employee-owned workplace that encourages you to take control of your career success.
- Emotional Intelligence
Since 1993, co-founders have collaborated to put employees first and make our customers successful. When you work at a 100% employee-owned company, you're empowered to think and act like an owner. Whether you're interested in learning new skills or taking your career to the next level, we put our employees first so we can help make your professional goals happen. We believe that by investing in our people, we're investing in our company's future.
- Additional source of substantial retirement
- Employees share in ownership of MTSI without any personal contribution or
- Our ESOP is the best way to ensure we
maintain an enduring company
- Participants receive both allocations of the annual company contributions and growth in account value as the shares of stock may appreciate
I take pride in watching the contribution
that our people have made toward national priorities.
Chairman of the Board
Own your environment
See what it means to lead the nation’s defense and security.
At MTSI, we want our employees to live their best lives – personally and professionally. That’s why we offer employee-driven, industry-leading benefits and compensation, so you can explore and pursue passions. Most full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
20 days of PTO
and 10 Holidays per
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Electronic Warfare (EW) Engineer for the USAF Warfare Center at Nellis AFB, in Las Vegas, NV.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
This Senior level role will support the USAF Warfare Center Angry Kitten program, but work may include support to additional USAF Warfare Center high priority projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supply engineering expertise in airborne and ground-based Electronic Attack (EA) systems, Mission Data (MD) development, and radar Electronic Protection (EP) analysis to the USAFWC and Air Combat Command (ACC).
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for USAFWC Electronic Warfare projects and operate in multidisciplinary teams of industry, government and military personnel consisting of engineers, analysts, scientists, and aircrew.
• Lead in the development of Electronic Attack (EA) Mission Data (MD) for high priority test/training events for the USAFWC and ACC.
• Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience including 3 years of experience with the development and practical application of Electronic Warfare systems including Electronic Attack (EA) and Radar Warning (RW) systems, with two years of experience specifically working on the development of EA systems. (Additional education may be substituted for experience requirements)
• Proficient in modeling EA algorithms and developing analytical tools and applications to support Mission Data development
• Thorough knowledge of RF systems, to include signal processing in acquisition and tracking systems
• A strong background in assessing airborne and ground-based surveillance and target tracking radar systems, air-to-air and surface-to-air missiles, integrated air defense systems, and advanced weapon system concepts, performance, and employment
• The ability to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges often involving multiple subsystem interactions as both an individual contributor and a technical lead
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide briefings to Combat Air Force (CAF) warfighters and staff officers about ongoing project efforts at a senior engineer level
• Ability to successfully thrive in fast-paced programs with aggressive delivery schedules and while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Technical breadth and operational background in military air operations and combat systems
• Experience programming with MATLAB/Simulink, Python, VBA, and/or C++
• Familiarity with combat test and training environments
• Familiarity with Air Combat Command (ACC) and Nellis AFB operations, to include USAFWC organizations
• Expertise to coordinate with national-level agencies, DoD Services, Combatant Commands, and intelligence agencies
• Experience defining, verifying, and validating stakeholder requirements based on warfighting needs
• Experience working with subsystem design tradespace to accommodate overall system performance requirements and specifications
• Familiarity with radar plot/track analysis, multiple target tracking, resource management, and multi-sensor data fusion
• Familiarity with examining the interaction between Machine Learning (ML) and RF systems, including but not limited to reinforcement learning based signal detection, hybrid learning/signal processing approaches, and novel EW architectures leveraging ML
• Strong background in Special Access Programs (SAP) is highly desired
Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university. Master’s Degree or PhD with EA/RF experience desired.
Routine travel is expected. Candidates should anticipate one week per month but additional travel may be required based on mission requirements. Non-traditional work hours may be required. Expectation is that work will be performed onsite. Occasional telework options may be available with approval from mission partner.
TS with in-scope SSBI and SCI/SAP/STO eligibility required. Strong candidates without a security clearance or possessing only SECRET clearance may be considered. All hires are contingent on candidate meeting requirements for and gaining a security clearance. Current TS/SCI highly desired
U.S. Citizenship is required
Opportunities at MTSI
- Senior Service Desk Administrator Alexandria,Virginia 06/09/2023
- Principal Visual Arts Engineering SME Cape Canaveral,Florida 06/09/2023
- Technical Operations SME Washington,DC 06/09/2023
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you’ll receive the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.Sign Up For Job Alerts
Join Our Talent Community
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, event announcements and other career-related information.Join our talent community