Cloud Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)Location: Lorton, Virginia Categories: Cybersecurity Req ID: 2022-7195 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Cloud Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to join our team in the Washington, DC area. Your primary function will be to work with Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DOD), Headquarters United States Air Force, and MTSI Operations.
At MTSI, our more than 1400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Cloud Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) with MTSI you will perform serve as the Program Office’s information security professional responsible for managing all aspects of an organization's information security system, including researching, testing, training, and implementing programs designed to safeguard sensitive information from possible compromise. The ISSE works with System Engineering teams to incorporate cyber resiliency objectives, techniques, and design principles into all system engineering and development efforts throughout the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
Specific Job Duties:
Provide Cloud Senior Information Systems Security Engineer support to the government program manager that:
- Develop and maintain documentation and diagrams for security tools, system environments, and cloud operations
- Work within a DevOps security model so that security is automated and elastic across all cloud platforms
- Identify security-sensitive functionality in apps and services lacking security coverage and build out automation to bring security awareness into the affected areas
- Identify novel attacks and security weaknesses within the system; automate their discovery using innovative techniques, methods, and tools.
- Perform requirements analysis, design, and integration for complex software applications and collaboration infrastructures
- Participate in the change management process, including reviewing Change Requests and assisting in the assessment of security impact of proposed changes
- Write implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented
- Create and maintain information system security documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and provide guidance on active Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Conduct periodic and continuous monitoring of the system, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with the authorization package
Required Skills, and Experience:
- Must have experience working with Special Access Programs (SAPs)
- Strong proficiency in Cloud architecture, fault tolerance, and Reliability, Maintainability, Availability (RMA) subject matter.
- Understanding of the requirements and standards for Cloud security
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and be capable of quantifying risk to enterprise systems and level of compliance with security policy
- 12+ years' technical experience in cybersecurity, information technology, or systems engineering
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Software Development in Java, Python, Ruby and/or C++
- Linux Expertise (RedHat/RHEL or CentOS preferred)
- Dynamic & Static Application Security Scanning (e.g., Arachni, OWASP ZAP, BurpSuite, Fortify, Checkmarx, etc.)
- Virtualization and containers (EC2, Docker)
- Infrastructure Security Scanning, Vulnerability Scanning (Twistlock, ACAS/Nessus)
Certification Requirements in one or more of the following:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP).
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
- DOD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP)
- DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, cybersecurity, networking, or programming (Master’s degree DESIRED)
- Current TS (SCI & SAP eligibility required); an active TS/SCI clearance is desired. Subject to a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.