Program Management and Acquisition SpecialistLocation: Lorton, Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6964 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Program Management and Acquisition Specialistto join our growing team in Washington, DC.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Program Management and Acquisition Specialist you will provide the government program manager with comprehensive skills and acquisition support to achieve program cost, schedule, performance, and quality objectives.
Specific Job Duties:
Provide Program Management and Acquisition support to the government program manager that:
- Support the development of program acquisition documentation such as Acquisition Plans (AP), Acquisition Strategy Reports (ASR), Procurement Initiation Document (PID), Statement of Work (SOW), funding documents, Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), and Acquisition Program Baseline Agreements (APBA)
- Works across divisions to help the Program Manager coordinate development of new and/or modified/enhanced capabilities for operational use
- Provide programmatic risk assessments, mitigation strategies and risk burn down plans to achieve the desired program results
- Support coordination of cost estimates and technical work scope with the PMO and appropriate project or program teams
- Interface with customer's organizational areas, end users/customers to identify and mitigate risks, develop and manage budgets, create, and maintain schedules that ensure technical results and program performance
- Assist with authoring contract statements of work (SOW) or performance work statements (PWS)
- Assist with authoring contract position descriptions and itemized tasks / deliverables
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience working with Special Access Programs (SAPs)
- Minimum 12 years overall experience
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated specialized experience as a Program Manager in terms of cost, schedule, performance, and risk management
- Project Management Professional (PMP); DAWIA Level III certification in Program Management or equivalent specialized experience with Project Management tools and techniques
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Knowledge of agile acquisition is a plus
- Familiar with as-a-Service model
Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field such as Economics, Accounting, or Finance, Management
- TS/SCI (top secret/SCI)
- National Capital Region (NCR)
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.