Senior Network Architect SMELocation: Lorton, Virginia Categories: Information Technology Req ID: 2023-7338 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Network Architect SME to join our team. You will be responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of system and networking technologies.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
As a recognized "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Senior Network Architect SME with MTSI, you will be responsible for overseeing the network process at every step of the way, from designing systems to installing them to troubleshooting if there are issues for multiple Special Access Programs (SAP) systems. You will interact daily with Air Force program managers and industry subject matter experts across multiple domains (air, space, cyber) supporting Department of Defense (DOD), and Intelligence Community (IC) customers. This position will be in the Alexandria, VA area.
- • Establish overall strategic network standards and priorities
• Plan large-scale projects through vendor comparison and cost studies
• Provide technical guidance and direction for transport network design and engineering, network routing protocols, advanced virtual networking technologies for missions to support operations
• Analyze the optimization of network system performance
• Oversee the strategic interface of network systems configuration
• Design and define system architecture for new or existing systems
• Design, implement, and maintain hybrid cloud integration with multiple public cloud service providers
• Identify COMSEC security requirements for the networks and platforms
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- Ten (20)+ years' experience working as a Network Engineer or in a related field
- Experience in working networks at all classification levels (Unclassified/S/TS/SCI/SAP).
- Solid Understanding and hands-on experience with routing protocols (e.g., EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, ESP SCCP and BGP) in a mixed environment.
- Experience in Access Control Lists, Firewalls, Citrix Netscalers, VPN technologies, Wi-Fi technologies, Enterprise Wireless technologies, and other security technologies
- Experience in radio frequency (RF) and spectrum engineering; optical networking technology and engineering; satellite communications engineering
- Broad understanding of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the networking field
- In-depth understanding of peering, QoS and traffic engineering
- Cloud experience AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GPC, etc
- Continuous integration, test automation and / or SecDevOps on iterative development projects
- HS Diploma
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field (e.g., cybersecurity, computer science, computer engineering). Desired
- Must maintain a minimum of one IAT Level II or higher DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program security certifications. One or more of the following required:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Juniper Network Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching Expert
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Enterprise Infrastructure (desired)
- TS with ability to obtain SCI.
- Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.