Senior Network ArchitectLocation: Lorton, Virginia Categories: Information Technology Req ID: 2022-6318 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Network Architect to join our team. You will be responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of system and networking technologies.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
As a Senior Network Architect with MTSI, you will be responsible for overseeing the network process at every step of the way, from designing systems to installing them to troubleshooting if there are issues for multiple Special Access Programs (SAP) systems. You will interact daily with Air Force program managers and industry subject matter experts across multiple domains (air, space, cyber) supporting Department of Defense (DOD), and Intelligence Community (IC) customers. This position will be in the Alexandria, VA area.
- • Establish overall strategic network standards and priorities
• Plan large-scale projects through vendor comparison and cost studies
• Provide technical guidance and direction for transport network design and engineering, network routing protocols, advanced virtual networking technologies for missions to support operations
• Analyze the optimization of network system performance
• Oversee the strategic interface of network systems configuration
• Design and define system architecture for new or existing systems
• Design, implement, and maintain hybrid cloud integration with multiple public cloud service providers
• Identify COMSEC security requirements for the networks and platforms
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- Ten (15)+ years' experience working as a Network Engineer or in a related field
- Experience in working networks at all classification levels (Unclassified/S/TS/SCI/SAP).
- Solid Understanding and hands-on experience with routing protocols (e.g., EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, ESP SCCP and BGP) in a mixed environment.
- Experience in Access Control Lists, Firewalls, Citrix Netscalers, VPN technologies, Wi-Fi technologies, Enterprise Wireless technologies, and other security technologies
- Experience in radio frequency (RF) and spectrum engineering; optical networking technology and engineering; satellite communications engineering
- Broad understanding of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the networking field
- In-depth understanding of peering, QoS and traffic engineering
- Cloud experience AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GPC, etc
- Continuous integration, test automation and / or SecDevOps on iterative development projects
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field (e.g., cybersecurity, computer science, computer engineering).
- Must maintain a minimum of one IAT Level II or higher DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program security certifications. One or more of the following required:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Juniper Network Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching Expert
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Enterprise Infrastructure (desired)
- TS with ability to obtain SCI.
- Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Senior Service Desk Administrator Alexandria,Virginia 06/09/2023
- Principal Visual Arts Engineering SME Cape Canaveral,Florida 06/09/2023
- Technical Operations SME Washington,DC 06/09/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.