Systems EngineerLocation: Los Angeles, California Categories: Program Management Req ID: 2023-7411 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Systems Engineer in Los Angeles, CA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Systems Engineering expert for SpaceWERX, the center of innovation for the Space Force, identifying, acquiring, and integrating innovative capabilities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Work with leading-edge space companies, academia, and government organizations to provide critical national space solutions.
Supports SpaceWERX leadership by performing systems engineering activities required to evaluate the design, development, production, test, and support of assigned systems.
Applies appropriate systems engineering discipline and broad engineering knowledge in interpreting and flowing-down capability needs/requirements, evaluating design approaches/trades, and test/verification and production strategies to delivery of operational capability within limitations imposed by life cycle cost, schedule, and performance priorities, to include and support requirements.
Evaluates contractors' technical proposals and assembles and integrates the technical portions of Requests for Proposals and system plans, utilizing inputs from other engineering specialists.
Investigates and recommends appropriate action concerning the need to redirect engineering efforts, pursue additional lines of development, and/or changes to requirements.
Recommends new/improved engineering policy and processes to ensure technical integrity and consistency of application in assigned areas.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Excellent oral and written communications skills, organizational and workload management, and interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
Bachelors or higher degree in an applicable field of engineering.
4+ years in a technical position researching, developing, and/or testing space systems is highly desired.
Experience working with the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Tech Transition (STTR) programs is highly desired.
Secret Clearance is highly preferred. People with no security clearance will be considered.
Able to operate independently with little supervision.
This is a hybrid position requiring physically working at an office location in Culver City, California, for 2-3 days a week and occasional travel to other government and industry locations, but teleworking is allowed otherwise.
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.