Electrical EngineerOklahoma City, Oklahoma Job ID: 2023-8096 Potential to Telecommute: No
A 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Engineering & Transformation, Space Systems, Unmanned Systems, Flight Test Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Cybersecurity, and DevOps for advanced defense and intelligence special programs. MTSI delivers first-choice capabilities to solve problems of global importance. We are proud of our proven track record of outstanding service and customer satisfaction.
We work hard to protect our reputation by providing quality technical and programmatic work and employing ethical, honest, and fair business practices. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
- Full Time
- Level: Top Secret
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
When you join our engineering team, you'll collaborate on some of the most advanced development programs for our Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence customers. Together as a team, you will typically work on-site with our government customers to go above and beyond to deliver effective solutions. Come and join a 100% employee-owned workplace that encourages you to take control of your career success.
- Emotional Intelligence
Since 1993, co-founders have collaborated to put employees first and make our customers successful. When you work at a 100% employee-owned company, you're empowered to think and act like an owner. Whether you're interested in learning new skills or taking your career to the next level, we put our employees first so we can help make your professional goals happen. We believe that by investing in our people, we're investing in our company's future.
- Additional source of substantial retirement
- Employees share in ownership of MTSI without any personal contribution or
- Our ESOP is the best way to ensure we
maintain an enduring company
- Participants receive both allocations of the annual company contributions and growth in account value as the shares of stock may appreciate
I take pride in watching the contribution
that our people have made toward national priorities.
Chairman of the Board
Own your environment
See what it means to lead the nation’s defense and security.
At MTSI, we want our employees to live their best lives – personally and professionally. That’s why we offer employee-driven, industry-leading benefits and compensation, so you can explore and pursue passions. Most full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
20 days of PTO
and 10 Holidays per
Own Your Future. Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Electrical Engineer at Tinker AFB, OK
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
The Electrical Engineer shall have knowledge of electronics engineering in support of the design, development, testing and evaluation, implementation, maintenance, and administration of new and/or existing weapon systems. The Electrical Enigneer shall apply an understanding of systems acquisition, systems and subsystems level hardware and software integration, systems requirements analysis and allocation, computer systems architecture, and systems and subsystems testing and evaluation. The Electrical Engineer shall review/develop/update applicable program documentation for engineering relevant requirements. The Electrical Engineer shall apply an understanding of aeronautical vehicle systems and/or airborne or related ground systems avionics to support the core engineering tasks as they relate to sustaining engineering. The Electrical Engineer shall work independently on tasks and exercise judgment in the execution of the following tasks:
• Performs duties in research, development, testing, evaluation, operation, and maintenance of electrical devices/systems.
• Systematically applies expertise in electronics engineering to create new or substantially improved equipment, materials, or procedures. Applies engineering theories, new applications, or developments to improve operations and/or resolve unique or complex problems or issues.
• Serves as technical expert for the organization and provides advice and assistance to organizational leadership on problems, issues, and projects for assigned programs.
• Develops and reviews the overall system electrical/electronic design baseline’s architecture and interoperability requirements.
• Assists in translating user requirements into system requirements, which is used to design, develop, test and evaluate software, electrical and electronics for systems, subsystems and equipment.
• Provide systems/subsystems integration support for the acquisition, development, sustainment and verification of systems, software, and equipment. Familiar with Air Force Engineering processes and V diagram
• Evaluates systems test plans and participates in the conduct of system, subsystem, and component testing.
• Provides electronics engineering support during root cause analyses for assigned programs. Familiar with the Air Force eight step process.
• Ability to read and generate necessary changes to electrical/electronic drawings and occasionally mechanical drawings.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics Engineering (BSEE) from an ABET accredited post-secondary education source.
• Senior level of industry experience demonstrating and practicing their knowledge, skills, and abilities in Electronics Engineering. No credit is accepted for experience in other functional engineering positions.
• Requires a current TS with SCI eligibility. Or candidate must have a Secret clearance with a completed investigation within the last six years to start, with the expectation to obtain and maintain a TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
• Experience with Air Force Technical Orders.
• Experienced with Air Force Depot and Field activity engineering support.
• Ability to create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and provide oral presentations from PowerPoint with no impediments.
• Ability to read and utilize Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to write research papers in Microsoft Word with few grammatical errors that present concepts clearly and concisely.
• Able to read and understand schedules developed in Microsoft project.
• Ability to clearly communicate with and/or brief a small group of military, contract, and civilian personnel.
• Familiar with Computer Aided Design software for mechanical and electrical systems. Familiar with Model based design concepts.
• Familiar with basics of electrical and electronic circuits, IEEE standard communication circuits, radar, electro-mechanical interface design, software control of electronic circuits, Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog interfaces, Electro-Magnetic Interference, Electro-Magnetic Compatibility, circuit analysis and safety of flight requirements in electrical and electronic circuitry.
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.
Opportunities at MTSI
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you’ll receive the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.Sign Up For Job Alerts
Join Our Talent Community
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, event announcements and other career-related information.Join our talent community