Security Controls AssessorLocation: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Categories: Program Management Req ID: 2022-6512 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Security Controls Assessor to join our team of more than 1,400 employee owners. MTSI is dedicated to providing high caliber services to defense, aerospace and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join our TEAM of highly skilled professionals.
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Security Controls Assessor you will support information system security engineering activities to ensure security requirements are defined, implemented and tested for complex development, security, and operations (DevSecOps) pipelines for classified cloud systems.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
Apply cybersecurity risk management framework principles to development of secure cloud systems. Conduct assessment and authorization activities to support recommendations to the authorizing official based on requirements, security impact levels and projected operational environment. Evaluate the threats and vulnerabilities to information systems to ensure security controls effectively mitigate the risk of exploits. Develop Security Assessment Report to support continuous Authorization to Operate determinations. Conduct and report on independent assessments to verify compliance. Full-Time job with primary work location in the Fort Worth, TX area with moderate travel as required to meet project and schedule needs.
- 12-18 years of related technical experience.
Firm understanding of the DoD 8500.1-M, Joint SAP
- Implementation Guide (JSIG), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53
- Strong research skills and a desire to learn new (emerging OR existing but unfamiliar) technologies such as public and private cloud solutions in multi-level environments
- Knowledge of “as a service” architecture components and how to assess against the NIST SP 800-53 controls
- Strong understanding behind implementation details of end-to-end zero trust architecture solutions
- Strong understanding of DevSecOps implementations in a cloud environment and controls required to support cATO generation
- Demonstrated ability to assess and articulate risk, including to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated history finding unique mitigations to varied systems’ security challenges
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in at least one area of security (e.g. communications, networks, embedded systems, software, system testing or assessment, etc.).
- Strong research skills and a desire to learn new (emerging OR existing but unfamiliar) technologies.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Specialized information assurance experience is required:
Certified Information Security Specialist (CISSP)
A Bachelor's Degree is required.
Prior law enforcement, counterintelligence or cyber operation experience is highly desired.
Active TOP SECRET/SCI, CI scope polygraph
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.