Software Engineering SupportLocation: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7561 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future. Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Software Engineering Support in Tinker AFB, OK.
The Software Engineering Support professional will support the design, development, testing and evaluation, implementation, maintenance, and administration of new and/or existing software systems. Will apply an understanding of systems acquisition, systems and subsystems level hardware and software integration, systems requirements analysis and allocation, computer systems architecture, and systems and subsystems testing and evaluation. Will review/develop/update applicable program documentation for software engineering relevant requirements. Will support the development of the software development strategy and software development plan (SDP). Will apply an understanding of aeronautical vehicle systems and/or airborne or related ground systems avionics Operational Flight Program capabilities to support the core engineering tasks as they relate to software engineering.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
• Conduct assessments of DoD contractor software deliveries for aircraft and test equipment. Audits DoD contractors for software configuration and control measures and verifies appropriate quality accreditation.
• Employs the Software Configuration Management process and certification.
• Experience with Computer Program Identification Numbers (CPIN) tracking and control. Tracks and controls CPINs.
• Performs software engineering work in support of the acquisition, development, or sustainment of software for weapon systems, subsystems, and/or support equipment.
• Develops and reviews the overall system design baseline’s architecture and interoperability requirements.
• Assists in translating user requirements into system requirements, which is used to design, develop, test and evaluate software for systems, subsystems and equipment.
• Provide systems/subsystems integration support for the acquisition, development and verification of systems, software, and equipment.
• Evaluates systems test plans and participates in the conduct of system, subsystem, and component testing.
• In-depth experience with software design, integration, configuration, test/evaluation, and certification.
• Experience with assessing and auditing DoD contractors for software configuration and control measures adequacy and verify appropriate quality accreditation.
• Experience with ensuring contractor software/updates meets Air Force requirements and industry standards of ISO9000/9002 and Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI).
• Experience in engineering development and sustainment processes. Able to define new processes and process improvement for existing processes.
• Experience in evaluating systems test plans and participating in the conduct of system, subsystem, and component testing.
• Experience with Air Force Technical Orders.
• Ability to create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and provide oral presentations from PowerPoint with no impediments.
• Ability to read and utilize Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to write research papers in Microsoft Word with few grammatical errors that present concepts clearly and concisely.
• Able to read and understand schedules developed in Microsoft project.
• Ability to clearly communicate with and/or brief a small group of military, contract, and civilian personnel.
• Minimum ten (10) years in the software engineering field or relevant industry work experience
• Shall have at least a Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline from an ABET accredited post-secondary education source or a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
• Shall have a senior level of industry experience demonstrating and practicing their knowledge, skills, and abilities in the science and engineering directly related to software development and sustainment. No credit is accepted for experience while serving in a technician position.
• Requires a current TS with SCI eligibility. Or candidate must have a Secret clearance with a completed investigation within the last six years to start, with the expectation to obtain and maintain a TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
#LI-Hybrid or #LI-Remote?
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.