Project SchedulerLocation: Patuxent River Estates, Maryland Categories: Analyst Req ID: 2022-6792 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for an Project Scheduler supporting our team in Pax River.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
This position will be located on NAS Patuxent River, MD.
- Provide Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) support to the DPM, Functional Leads and IPT Lead for a major DoD Acquisition Program.
- Work with systems engineers and IPT lead to assist in capturing plans of action and milestones for working off technical issues.
- Ability to work with Functional Leads to facilitate plan of actions and incorporation into the Program Integrated Master Schedule.
- Assist the IPT lead in identifying, capturing and tracking Program risks and their associated mitigation plans.
- Use databases and MS Office products to manage, maintain and distribute technical and programmatic data, as directed by Program Manager, IPT and Functional Leads, and Configuration/Data Managers.
- Analyze information and make recommendations with supporting rationale.
- Utilize government-furnished data to develop products such as briefings and presentations, project reports, illustrations, etc.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in a technical, business, or management field or equivalent experience. A BS/BA can be substituted with 4 additional years of related experience and an AA or AS degree. Or an additional 8 years of related experience.
- 4 years of business/management/development/ integration experience with aircraft, weapons, and/or operations with 2 of those years occurring within the last 5 years. Appropriate educational background may be substituted for experience.
- Knowledge of DoD systems acquisition requirements, documentation development, financial and/or technical requirements.
- Knowledge and capability in planning, management, budgeting, coordinating technical requirements, and contract requirements.
- 2 years current experience preparing project budgets- 2 year current experience in analyzing and preparing acquisition documentation
- Ability to track action items, develop metrics, develop and track risk mitigation plans and develop and track Plans of Actions and Milestones
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic multiple security environment
- Experience with NAVAIR Acquisition Programs
- Experience with Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Experience with DoD Risk and Opportunity management process.
- Diverse career experiences
Current Top Secret clearance TS adjudicated within 6 years
Please note: U.S. citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.