Senior M&S Architect (Modeling and Simulation)Location: Patuxent River Estates, Maryland Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6939 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Senior M&S Architect to support our team in Pax River.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Prospective candidate will provide direct support for the execution of an advanced research and development program in modeling and simulation architecting.
• Candidate will be required to work in concert with both the Government and Industry MBSB and other DE disciplines to guide overall model of models schemas that are in support of the overall DE vision, with as many architected automated relationships as feasible. Some of the various DE Applications include: analytical, parametric, physics-based, virtualized hardware, and/or constructive models and simulations.
• Candidate will be responsible for evaluating and supporting relationships between the models, emulations, simulations, and/or digital representations that will be required to have feedback loops into the MBSE and DE authoritative sources of truth, at varying degrees of fidelity to establish effectiveness and capability-based maturation evaluations for successful weapon systems development.
• Candidate will be required to work with Data Architects and IT/Cyber personnel to ensure the M&S architecture is in alignment with the necessary Cyber/IT methods and processes.
• Travel (20%) is required for this position.
• Education: Masters or PhD in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university. Experience cannot be substituted for education.
• Experience: Candidate must have at least fifteen (15) of relevant experience.
• Candidate should be proficient in SysML, MagicDraw/Cameo, MATLAB, Microsoft Office products, and Adobe products.
• Candidate should have strong knowledge in systems engineering and design for military aircraft.
• Candidate should also have experience with IBM Rhapsody, UML, C++, SQL/Access, and Java.
• Candidate should have demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Candidate should have experience working in a dynamic, schedule constrained, and complex security environment.
• A current SSBI or Federal Investigative Standard Tier 5 (T5) or Tier 5 Reinvestigation (T5R) within the last 6 years. A final DoD Top Secret clearance. Eligibility for access to Sensitive Compartment Information (SCI) in accordance with Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 704 and Special Access Program (SAP) in accordance with SAP Nomination Policy (SAPNP) with no disqualifying security issues that will deem a candidate ineligible for access.
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.