Cloud Security EngineerLocation: Remote Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7124 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
Own Your Future. Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer. This is a Remote opportunity.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an experienced Cloud Security Engineer who will be responsible for assisting the Security and Cloud teams in building a security focused cloud architecture, as well as threat hunting and remediation.
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, and implement security requirements into cloud-native architectures that will allow business requirements to be met with appropriate security controls present
- Assist the security and cloud team in building a security focused cloud architecture as well as threat hunting and remediation
- Interface with the cloud and engineering teams to ensure that the global platform and clients' sensitive information is protected
- Excellent understanding/working knowledge of the public cloud infrastructure and services in Azure is a strong plus
- Troubleshooting security and network problems and respond to all system and/or network related security breaches
- Participating in the change management process
- Develop documentation as in system design, concept of operations and architecture diagrams
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Provide technical design and architecture advice to customer teams on how to securely develop and build cloud-ready applications
- Implement policies and procedures for responding to security incidents, and for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience
- 2+ years of Azure (or other CSP) experience
- Experience working with Government clients, systems, and applications
- Experience with industry standards, services, and environments including, but not limited to: Azure PaaS, IaaS, Windows Server, RHEL/Ubuntu
- Self-starter with the ability to gather input from stakeholders and execute independently
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS (client and server)
- Familiarity with NIST SP 800-171, FedRAMP, and CMMC
- Hands-on technical experience with cloud computing services (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Strong Microsoft Windows background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or related field
- AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- CISSP, CCSP, or similar certification
- Strong UNIX/LINUX background
- Must have the ability to provide a high-speed Internet connection for a home office
Travel Statement: Limited travel required
Please note US Citizenship is required for most positions with MTSI.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.