Senior Cybersecurity Systems Reverse EngineerLocation: Remote Categories: Cybersecurity Req ID: 2022-7208 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Systems Reverse Engineer to join our team. You will perform various cybersecurity related technical assessments and design tasks on aeronautical and aerospace related systems.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
As a recognized "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Senior Cybersecurity Systems Reverse Engineer with MTSI you will perform various cybersecurity related technical assessments and design tasks on cyber-physical and embedded systems. This position is a remote work position that may incur minimal travel.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Perform general technical decomposition, analysis, and impact assessments with the focus on the vulnerability assessment of land, air, and sea-based cyber-physical and embedded systems operating in a variety of domains and mission contexts.
- Conduct operational and system data flow analysis and documentation for vulnerability assessments.
- Apply cybersecurity analytical methods and processes.
- Test various interfaces or sub-components of cyber-physical and embedded systems.
- Complete verification, validation analysis and documentation of system interfaces or sub-components of cyber-physical and embedded systems.
- Experiment with different attack techniques against critical points and developing mitigations to prevent future attacks on the specific architecture of a given system.
- Communicate test and analysis results clearly to clients and stakeholders, both in oral presentation format and in formal written reports.
- Apply core engineering skills and knowledge from your academic focus area to client and stakeholder challenges.
- Create analysis tools to support cybersecurity efforts.
- Research and learn various architectures, languages, protocols, software, and hardware as required in support of the above functions.
- Leading team engagements with clients, to include requirement development, project execution, and reporting.
- Provide mentoring and education to junior team members in all the above areas to include generating training materials and education content to support such mentoring.
- 10+ years relevant work experience (either software reverse engineering or hardware reverse engineering)
- Experience with C and assembly
- Experience with Python
- Experience with software defined radio (Desired)
- Cybersecurity experience to include: (Desired)
o Capture the flag competitions
- Experience working with aeronautical and aerospace systems, maritime systems, and/or terrestrial cyber-physical systems (Desired)
- Experience in software reverse engineering, or hardware reverse engineering (Desired)
- Experience leading teams through complex technical task definition and execution (Desired)
- Experience providing education and training in all the areas above (Desired)
- Master's Degree (desired)
- Engineering degrees preferred although other types of STEM degrees will be considered.
- Eligible to obtain a Secret clearance (Desired)
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.