Subcontract AdministratorLocation: Remote: Huntsville, Alabama: Beavercreek, Ohio: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Contracts Req ID: 2023-7466 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an individual to join its Procurement Team as a Mid-Level Subcontracts Administrator (SCA). This position can be Remote, however proximity to one of our locations is preferred (Huntsville, AL; Dayton, OH; Alexandria, VA).
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
This staff position will be reporting directly to the Director of Procurement. In this position, the SCA will provide mid-level support to a variety of prime contracts, provide support and guidance to program managers, and help lead our growing procurement organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Develops, negotiates, and administers subcontracts and other agreements of intermediate value and risk in accordance with customer requirements and Company policies and procedures with support of senior subcontract personnel.
- Creates subcontract solicitations in support of multiple government contract types i.e., Time and Material, Labor Hour and Firm Fixed Price, Firm Fixed Price-Level of Effort and Cost Reimbursable.
- Assists with proposal efforts varying in value and complexity.
- Negotiates price/cost and subcontract agreement provisions with support of senior subcontract personnel, including conducting a detailed price/cost analysis to determine the basis of fair and reasonableness of the supplier’s proposal.
- Works with other program and functional area staff as needed.
- Ensures compliance with company policy and procedures, regulation, and contract performance requirements.
- 5+ years of related experience in “cradle to grave” federal subcontract administration supporting agencies such as (DoD, DARPA, MDA, U.S. Space Force, FAA, DHA, NASA, and Military Intel Agencies).
- Experience with and knowledge of CPSR requirements.
- Experience using various Government Price Analysis Techniques
- Experience in the negotiation and administration of government subcontracts
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Highly organized, with attention to details and time management
- Works well in team environment
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Intermediate knowledge of business and contract law, FAR, DFARS, Public Law, with a basic understanding of finance and accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Experience with DELTEK Costpoint Purchasing System
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience
- Ability to obtain/maintain a government Security clearance.
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.