Modeling and Simulation AnalystLocation: Reston, Virginia Categories: Software Engineering Req ID: 2023-7279 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Modeling and Simulation Analyst, as part of a small team in the Reston VA area. You will work in a developmental modeling and simulation environment integrating multiple AFSIM-based models into a large framework for conducting Operational and Campaign level analysis.
At MTSI, our more than 1,600+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose from. We support some of the most important and critical programs to our national security and defense within aviation, space, ballistic missile and unmanned systems. We specialize in Systems engineering & integration, modeling & simulation, acquisitions & program support, test & evaluation, mission assurance & cybersecurity to name a few.
As an 100% employee owned company where culture matters we all have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers and we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future! As our first core value stats, MTSI is an "employees come first" company with over 29 years of consecutive growth sense 1993 and a 91% retention rate across our entire organization, we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Check out MTSI's 4.7 rating on GLASSDOOR
Day one all new co-owners start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days + 10 federal holidays/year with (flexible schedules), semi-annual bonuses, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, and eligibility to participate in our Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account. We also offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan.
For additional company information: www.mtsi-va.com
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Modeling and Simulation Analyst. You will work in a developmental modeling and simulation environment integrating multiple AFSIM-based models into a large framework for conducting Operational and Campaign level analysis. You will work with operational and analytical Subject Matter Experts to mature the M&S environment for transition to OUSD R&E by creating and executing analysis plans including model run matrices and developing computer model inputs to replicate the systems or concepts under test, the appropriate operating environment and the concept of operations. This position will be located in the Reston, VA area.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Analyzing externally-provided AFSIM models to understand how various systems were modeled, what assumptions were made, and how to integrate the model into an already-existing library of AFSIM models.
- Develop model input data to replicate systems or concepts as analysis subjects.
- Assist software developers who program and operate the model(s) to produce output.
- Post-process this output into measures of merit and effectiveness to support the analysis plan objectives.
- Assist in interpretation of model results and develop presentations of findings and conclusions for the customer to help them in their decision-making processes.
- 3+ years’ experience with mission-level modeling and simulation tools i.e., AFSIM, Suppressor, or EADSIM.
- Thorough knowledge of modeling and simulation methodologies required, especially developing experimental designs, executing study plans and constructing scenario elements.
- B.S. degree in engineering, mathematics, operations research, computer science or similar field.
- TS with SCI eligibility.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.