DevSecOps Cloud Solution ArchitectLocation: San Diego, California Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7440 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a DevSecOps Cloud Solution Architect in San Diego, CA. The DevSecOps Cloud Solution Architect will serve as an expert in transitioning a traditional HW/SW architecture to a containerized, digital architecture using tools such as Kubernetes, etc., to support theMobile User Objective System (MUOS) / Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program office. You shall be familiar with cloud architecture and DevSecOps best practices, tools and approaches, and demonstrated technical leadership experience either within industry or government overseeing similar transition(s) for other national security systems.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
The DevSecOps Cloud Solution Architect will serve as an expert in transitioning a traditional HW/SW architecture to a containerized, digital architecture using tools such as Kubernetes, etc., to support the MUOS program. You shall be familiar with cloud architecture and DevSecOps best practices, tools and approaches, and demonstrated technical leadership experience either within industry or government overseeing similar transition(s) for other national security systems. You will have involvement in and appreciation of every stage in the software project lifecycle, from initial design and build to rollout and maintenance.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Responsible for gathering system requirements from application architects and product owners.
- Responsible for technical evaluation of cloud strategy and program architecture.
- Remain current with new emerging industry cloud technologies and their potential utilization within hybrid cloud environments.
- Collaborate with the software platform engineers to enable applications to run on cloud infrastructure.
- Transition and operate architected and engineered technical solutions into hybrid and cloud environment.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure design in a networking capacity.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, spanning-tree architecture, subnetting architecture, routing protocols and routing system architecture and design, access control lists, wireless, vpn architecture, network access control architecture, and firewall architecture.
- Experience in a multi-vendor environment, with the ability to transfer network configurations and concepts from one vendor to another. Desired vendor experience in Cisco, Juniper, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Ability to communicate complex network solutions to technical and non-technical employees.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience required in Cloud infrastructure design in a networking capacity.
- Network tools including but not limited to: Ansible, Wireshark, Network Management Systems, Network Configuration Management, sflow/netflow, IPAM, and SDN.
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes, network, and security.
- Experience with Linux and programming languages like Python, NodeJS or Java.
- Extensive configuration and system design experience with OSPF, BGP, port-channels, firewalls, network fabrics, and DMVPN.
- Experience with Version control system.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Certifications: CCNP, JNCIP-ENT or similar.
- Gitlab experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems, Engineering, or related field from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Active DoD Secret clearance to start.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI) eligibility, (Desired).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.