Program Manager / Principal EngineerLocation: San Diego, California Categories: Program Management Req ID: 2022-5910
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Program Manager / Principal Engineer to join our team. You will lead the integration of established US Navy UHF MILSATCOM program "MUOS" into the Space Systems Command "SSC".
a diverse technical team providing highest-quality R&D solutions and services to the Department of Defense, across a spectrum of advanced and emerging technologies.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Program Manager / Principal Engineer with MTSI you will lead the integration of the US Navy UHF MILSATCOM program "MUOS" into the Space Systems Command (SSC) while delivering engineering, research, development, test, evaluation and acquisition solutions for the program office. You will develop and maintain relationships with MTSI stakeholders and industry partners.
- 20+ years of relevant DoD work experience in systems engineering and/or acquisition program management.
- 10+ years’ experience leading increasingly complex engineering or acquisition programs.
- Space Systems Integration experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the organization and function of SSC.
- Recent history (within past 5 years) of supporting SSC programs.
- History of highest-quality deliverables in a complex delivery model supporting multiple customers and stakeholders.
- Leadership experience in communicating on complex technical subject matter with DoD and other US Government senior leadership.
- Program Management/PMP certification (e.g. PMI, DAWIA, DAU).
- Experience with transferring/integrating organizations.
- MILSATCOM or Commercial SATCOM Experience.
- Baccalaureate degree in business, engineering, science (physics or chemistry), mathematics or related field.
- Masters in business, engineering, science (physics or chemistry), mathematics or related field, (DESIRED).
- Full-time, on site in San Diego, CA and will require travel up to 30% of time within the continental United States and OCONUS.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than 2 years total SCI environment experience with 1-year total within last 5 years).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.