Space Ground Systems Network Engineer (Journeyman - Mid)Location: San Diego, California Categories: Systems Engineering Req ID: 2022-6052 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a journeyman (mid-level) SATCOM ground systems network engineer to support the Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program. This professional shall provide system engineering and logistics acquisition support for the modernization of the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) ground system which includes design, development, and test and sustainment planning of the ground system hardware and software. MUOS is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Space Ground Systems Network Engineer (Journeyman - Mid) with MTSI you will provide support for the Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program. This professional shall provide system engineering and logistics acquisition support for the modernization of the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) ground system which includes design, development, and test and sustainment planning of the ground system hardware and software. MUOS is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band. In this position, you will provide Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Space Systems Command (SSC) for procurement of additional satellites, ground systems and follow-on capability to the MUOS program. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Perform all functional duties independently, with little guidance.
- Review vendor/supplier deliverables for technical accuracy, and review overall ability of the ground network design and/or design changes to provide suitable and effective performance metrics, pinpoint failed components, accurately display system health and status, and accurately predict system behavior in various loading scenarios.
- Review, analyze, and modify systems, including development, testing, troubleshooting, and installing networks for defensive systems.
- Identify risks and improvements for next generation ground systems components.
- Evaluate USSF Enterprise Ground System (EGS) and CCS-C for potential opportunities and risks to performance, cost, or schedule with current and future NBSC ground systems.
- Review current methods to monitor system utilization and optimization and provide recommendations for enhancements.
- Provide technical trade studies of future generation standards for incorporation into existing infrastructure, including advantages, disadvantages, risks, cost, and schedule.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written.
- Minimum Three (3) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience on SATCOM.
- Knowledge of SATCOM ground systems including satellite telemetry tracking and control, WCDMA bearer traffic control, switching, and routing; network devices; cyber security; geolocation of interferers; communication network planning, terminal provisioning, fault management, and monitoring of communication services; and interfaces to external systems.
- Experience supporting global DoN, or DoD networks, and familiarity with MUOS network.
- Experience designing, optimizing, troubleshooting, and managing hardware and software components in a multi-enclave network.
- Experience with operator training, parts obsolescence, Navy shore installation processes, technology refresh, and industry operating systems and equipment certifications (e.g.CISCO, Microsoft).
- Experience supporting network architecture design, analysis, testing and implementation activities.
- Experience supporting management, reduction, and analysis of data, designing tests, and laboratory analyses, including scientific analyses and interpretation of research results.
- Knowledge of network design and development to modify/improve functionality.
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management.
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS).
- Ten (10) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience Narrowband SATCOM/MUOS.
- Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Government program office.
- Experience with space and/or multi-domain warfighter operations.
- Understanding of NBSC operational environment and corresponding mission user needs.
- Experience with integrated air, space and cyberspace capabilities.
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition.
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) organizations.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree from an accredited college or university.
Primary looking for candidates to be in the vicinity of San Diego, CA, but open to discussing other location such as LA and COS with travel when required.
You will be required to travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States.
- Candidate must have active SECRET clearance as a condition of employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.