Radar / Signal Processing and Signatures Engineer (Senior)Location: Suitland-Silver Hill, Maryland Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7046 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a senior Radar / Signal Processing and Signatures Engineerto join our team in Suitland, Maryland. You will be responsible for providing Scientific and Technical Intelligence to Intelligence Community customers, to include: data processing, analysis, algorithm enhancements, and the development of highly advanced technical technologies, scientific principles, theories.
At MTSI, our more than 1,600+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose from. We support some of the most important and critical programs to our national security and defense within aviation, space, ballistic missile and unmanned systems. We specialize in Systems engineering & integration, modeling & simulation, acquisitions & program support, test & evaluation, mission assurance & cybersecurity to name a few.
As an 100% employee owned company where culture matters we all have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers and we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future! As our first core value stats, MTSI is an "employees come first" company with over 29 years of consecutive growth sense 1993 and a 91% retention rate across our entire organization, we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Check out MTSI's 4.7 rating on GLASSDOOR
Day one all new co-owners start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days + 10 federal holidays/year with (flexible schedules), semi-annual bonuses, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, and eligibility to participate in our Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account. We also offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan.
For additional company information: www.mtsi-va.com
As a senior Radar / Signal Processing and Signatures Engineer with MTSI you will be responsible for providing Scientific and Technical Intelligence to Intelligence Community customers, to include: data processing, analysis, algorithm enhancements, and the development of highly advanced technical technologies, scientific principles, theories. This position will be located in Suitland, MD.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Perform data exploitation of sensor data in the application of remote sensing technology to solve technical intelligence issues.
- Investigate signal processing artifacts and anomalies and develop technically sound mitigation strategies.
- Perform in-depth processing and exploitation of data and dissemination of phenomenology reports.
- Support the resolution of highly complex, technical problems and provide advice and recommendations.
- Perform radar cross section measurements.
- Execute signature prediction runs and verify and validate results.
- Possess sufficient writing and communication skills to prepare and present reports, papers, proposals, briefings, and other documentation in both small and large group settings.
- Lead technical personnel and activities for large programs or groups of programs.
- 10+ years' of relevant engineering experience.
- Ability to manage, manipulate, process, and analyze large data sets.
- Strong track record of developing novel signal processing algorithms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RF/signal processing, exploitation, and dissemination (PED).
- The candidate should be knowledgeable with one or more RCS prediction tools (Xpatch, SAF, SENTRi, etc.) and have some knowledge of standard RCS file formats (N-point, APSM, 3DSC, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge/programming skills (i.e. MATLAB, Python, C++). Candidate should be proficient in MATLAB, Python, C/C++, or similar language/tool for analysis.
- Strong technical writing and briefing skills.
- Experience with CAD tools for developing RF signature models (SolidWorks, CREO, NX, ModelMan, Rhino, Cubit, etc.) and corresponding file formats.
- Experience developing and evaluating machine learning stacks which use radar signals.
MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or related with minimum 10 years engineering experience.
Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Active TS/SCI, (Desired).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.