Electrical DesignerLocation: Tullahoma, Tennessee Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6797 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
MTSI is looking for a Electrical Designer to join our team in Tullahoma,TN.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
We are looking for an Electrical Designer who is interested in being a part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for designing a new hypersonic test facility at Arnold Air Force Base, TN. The designer hired into this role will coordinate with multiple departments on the project from concept to commissioning for this new facility, which will play a key role in hypersonic system development for the United States Department of Defense.
Performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity. Such assignments that are typically parts of broader assignments, are screened to eliminate unusual design problems. Receives technical advice from supervisor or engineer. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. May be assisted by lower level drafters and have frequent contact with professionals and others within the project.
Specific tasks associated with this type of work include but are not limited to:
- Develop or review designs by extracting and analyzing a variety of engineering data, applying conventional engineering practices to develop, prepare, or recommend schematics, designs, specifications, and parts lists.
- Generate complex 2-D drawings or 3-D CAD design models with minimal guidance from others.
- Perform design tasks having some degree of complexity
- Prepare portions of 3-D CAD design model under the supervision of experienced designers.
- Review and check calculations, design models, drawings and design documents prepared by others in the group and by material suppliers, as assigned.
- Prepare bulk material quantity takeoffs and material requisitions for materials applicable to the group.
- Work with engineers and other designers in the overall assignment to coordinate designs.
- Answer questions from client or construction group on design for assigned responsibility.
- Compile, maintain and access job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as instructed.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Vocational school training/certification comprising at least two semesters or two years of college with courses relevant to drafting and/or design plus a minimum six years of extensive drawing and drafting experience.
- US Citizenship is required
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with a raceway design and cable management software
- Familiar with SETROUTE
- Experienced in supporting design, construction and commissioning phases on a large, complex project
- Knowledge and application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards
- Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience
- Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used for procurement, takeoffs and quality control of bulk materials applicable to the group.
- Skill in directing the technical work of less experienced designers and/or drafters.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.