Microelectronics Subject Matter Expert (SME)Location: Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2021-4877 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Microelectronics Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team in the Crystal City, VA area. Your primary function will be to work with Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DOD), Headquarters United States Air Force, and MTSI Operations. The position will provide direct security engineering support to the Air Force acquisition community throughout the system development lifecycle (SDLC) on aeronautical and aerospace related systems.
At MTSI, our more than 1400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking a talented Microelectronics Subject Matter Expert (SME) with substantial and demonstrated expertise in fabrication, device physics, design, packaging, and test of modern and advanced microelectronics. This position will be located in the Washington DC area.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in a technical leadership role overseeing research & development of advanced semiconductor devices
- Experience in research, development, design, and fabrication, of advanced semiconductor devices
- Experience with metal–oxide–semiconductor (MOS) "advanced nodes."
- Experience with management and measurement aspects of semiconductor assembly, QA, FA, and Test
- Able to model multi-physics devices and systems
- Experience with Front-end-of-line (FEOL)/Back-end-of-line (BEOL) fabrication processes
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) design and fabrication experience
- Support the development of roadmaps with technical reviews, milestones, concepts, requirements, and operational objectives for end-to-end prototyping development
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple technology development efforts from concept ideation through product delivery
- Capable of clearly defining, managing, and communicating succinct technical requirements and/or objectives for wide-ranging, highly complex engineering efforts
- Well-established professional network within commercial semiconductor or microelectronics industry
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity in planning, developing, and executing major research and development efforts
- Experience managing remote or distributed teams
- Technical knowledge across a range of technical fields, including cryptography, cybersecurity, communications, sensors, and system integration
- Experience initiating, planning, and delivering medium to large cross-functional, multiyear initiatives
- Experience developing long-term partnerships with key research and industry leaders
- Experience managing Department of Defense programs
Clearance Requirements:Current TS (SCI & SAR eligibility required); an active TS/SCI clearance is "DESIRED". Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.