Microelectronics Subject Matter Expert (SME)Location: Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2021-4877 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Microelectronics Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team in the Crystal City, VA area. Your primary function will be to work with Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DOD), Headquarters United States Air Force, and MTSI Operations. The position will provide direct security engineering support to the Air Force acquisition community throughout the system development lifecycle (SDLC) on aeronautical and aerospace related systems.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
MTSI is seeking a talented Microelectronics Subject Matter Expert (SME) with substantial and demonstrated expertise in fabrication, device physics, design, packaging, and test of modern and advanced microelectronics. This position will be located in the Washington DC area.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in a technical leadership role overseeing research & development of advanced semiconductor devices
- Experience in research, development, design, and fabrication, of advanced semiconductor devices
- Experience with metal–oxide–semiconductor (MOS) "advanced nodes."
- Experience with management and measurement aspects of semiconductor assembly, QA, FA, and Test
- Able to model multi-physics devices and systems
- Experience with Front-end-of-line (FEOL)/Back-end-of-line (BEOL) fabrication processes
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) design and fabrication experience
- Support the development of roadmaps with technical reviews, milestones, concepts, requirements, and operational objectives for end-to-end prototyping development
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple technology development efforts from concept ideation through product delivery
- Capable of clearly defining, managing, and communicating succinct technical requirements and/or objectives for wide-ranging, highly complex engineering efforts
- Well-established professional network within commercial semiconductor or microelectronics industry
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity in planning, developing, and executing major research and development efforts
- Experience managing remote or distributed teams
- Technical knowledge across a range of technical fields, including cryptography, cybersecurity, communications, sensors, and system integration
- Experience initiating, planning, and delivering medium to large cross-functional, multiyear initiatives
- Experience developing long-term partnerships with key research and industry leaders
- Experience managing Department of Defense programs
Clearance Requirements: Current TS (SCI & SAR eligibility required); an active TS/SCI clearance is "DESIRED". Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.