Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)Location: Washington, DC Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6992 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
Own Your Future.
MTSI is seeking a SME level Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) with a TS/SCI clearance and SAP eligibility to be responsible for information system security for an Air Force customer at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) in Washington, DC, with travel up to 20%, as required by the Government. The individual shall apply knowledge of the fundamentals of information assurance and system security to support numerous projects and programs, maintaining adherence to Government security requirements and mandates.
The ISSO serves as the Program Office’s information security professional responsible for conducting information system security engineering activities that capture and refine information security requirements and ensures that network security requirements are effectively integrated into information systems.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Duties to be independently executed include but are not limited to:
• Serve as the unit Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) performing oversite of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) tasks such as account creation, account management, asset management, etc. as required for the program.
• Oversee day-to-day maintenance of systems, including auditing and patch management.
• Perform technical security assessments of complex systems.
• Identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies.
• Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
• Write authorization and accreditation (A&A) documentation and ensure the systems are operated and maintained in accordance with these security plans.
• Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
• Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management for client systems and programs.
• Interact with technical team members from multiple organizations in a diversified, team environment.
• Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of client data.
• Review system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements.
• Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements.
• Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package.
• Provide support for presentations and other office documentation.
• Work on multiple networks across various classification levels, adhering to all security policies, procedures, and processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, networking or programming.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in cybersecurity or related field.
• Certification in CompTIA Security+ or equivalent.
• Experience with federal security requirements and mandates (e.g., RMF, JSIG).
• Must be a team player and be able to work within all levels of a project team.
• Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well independently as well as follow detailed instructions for completing tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks, drive projects to closure, assimilate and correlate project information in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to shift from one project to another in a dynamic, agile work environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to clearly translate client technical needs into technical specifications.
• Ability to communicate technical approaches and details within small project teams, including team interactions and presentations.
• Familiarity with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) accreditation system.
Security Clearance: TS Required, SCI Eligible
• Prior experience with USG cybersecurity.
• Experience working on DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation.
• Certification in one or more of the following: CISSP, CompTIA Security+, GIAC Industrial Cyber Security Certification (GICSP), GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), GIAC Cyber Security Leadership (GSLC), or ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).
• Apply system security engineering expertise to various client programs/processes (e.g., system security design process, engineering life cycle, information domain and cross domain solutions, identification/authentication/ authorization of commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf software employment, system integration, risk management, intrusion detection, contingency planning, incident handling, configuration control, change management, auditing, certification and accreditation process, principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control), security testing).
• Experience working on-site in a government client environment.
• Familiarity with security procedures while working in a SCIF/SAPF environment.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.