Senior Information System Security Officer (ISSO)Location: Washington, DC Categories: Security Req ID: 2022-7222 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a SeniorInformation System Security Officer (ISSO) to join our team of more than 1,400 employee owners. MTSI is dedicated to providing high caliber services to defense, aerospace and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join our TEAM of highly skilled professionals.
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a SeniorInformation System Security Officer (ISSO)) you will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, works in close collaboration with the ISSM and ISO.
- Have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an information system and, in many organizations, is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system
- Coordination with the ISSM and ISO, on developing and updating the SSP, managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security impact of those changes.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals. Ensure audit records are collected, reviewed, and documented (to include any anomalies)
20 years experience in IT, Audit or Cyber field; DoD 8140/8570 IAM Level I certification;
Must have a CISSP, CISM or CISA Certification
Three (3) or more years of experience working with Special Access Programs
- 20 years of experience in Cybersecurity (ISSO, ISSE, ISSM) or related discipline (vulnerability management, SOC, threat hunting, Cyber intel, GRC or other governance role); Degree should be in Computer Science, IA, Cyber, or some related field; passing experience in cyber tools such as SEIM, vulnerability detection, patching/management, scripting languages and/or programming languages, and GRC/RMF evaluation/storage tools; experience working in DoD or government environments, including uniformed service.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II or Information Assurance Manager I upon date of hire.
Bachelors degree required
Active TS/SCI (Cl polygraph highly desired)
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.