Senior Software Development/Integration SpecialistLocation: Washington, DC Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6968 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Software Development/Integration Specialist to join our growing team in Washington, DC.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Senior Software Development/Integration Specialistyou will provide expert consultation on quality assurance and software safety practices to a government/industry team.
Specific Job Duties:
- Support the software configuration control processes.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on adjudication of software deficiency reports.
- Provide software development expertise to anomaly investigations and system development IPTs.
- Advise the development of hardware and software functionality and performance specifications.
- Work with government and industry teams to develop test plans and evaluate results.
- Advise programs on industry best practices for embedded/real-time operating system development, test, configuration management, and quality assurance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of software computer design, development, test, integration and quality assurance – Required
- Knowledge of data interface standards and communication protocols including RS-422, RS-485, MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, Internet Protocol Communication, C, C++, Java, and VxWorks – Highly Desired
- Experience in Multi-Domain/Multi-Level Security architectures – Highly Desired
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Maters Degree is highly desired
- TS/SCI (top secret/SCI)
- National Capital Region (NCR)
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.