Senior Software EngineerLocation: Washington, DC Categories: Software Engineering Req ID: 2021-5615 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of more than 1,400 employee owners. MTSI is dedicated to providing high caliber services to Department of Defense and Intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join our TEAM of highly skilled professionals.
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Senior Software Engineer with MTSI, you will support the development and testing of DOD aircraft weapons system software. This position will be located in the NCR "National Capital Region" with frequent US travel.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Reviews software development documentation (e.g., Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams).
- Reviews software test plans and verification documentation.
- Witness Acceptance Tests.
- Monitors and tracks software deficiency reports.
- Maintains situation awareness of software development progress by tracking development metrics.
- 10+ years' of experience related to software engineering for military programs or aviation related projects.
- You must have experience with the C, C++, and Java programming languages.
- Software development experience managing software engineering teams developing aircraft weapon system software.
- Recent experience with the Unified Modeling Language and the Agile Software Development Process.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate software development across multiple specialized Integrated Product Teams.
- DoD weapons system software development.
- Experience with the use and integration of Oracle Database.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.